Chap 3 : The door

Dedicated to all-the-stars-align

I'll try to make it long *fingers crossed*

Feel free to correct my mistakes.. :)

......................................................

There are three kinds of pain.

Excruciating pain. The pain that spreads in every inch of your body like a plague. It breaks you to the point where you can't even fathom to recover. It bruises your mind and soul. It kills you from within.

No that is not what I felt.

Then there is a pain that feels like warmth but when touched is fire. It is like a brutal reminder that slowly but not entirely plays with your feelings. You can block it out or let it in but the fun part is, you don't have a choice. It's the boss of it's own. You could either except it and pull out of it with time or you could avoid it until it hunts you down and haunt you your entire life. It goes and comes but it is there, it exists. It's guilt.

Nope, I am not guilty either.

I am numb. Yes, that's the kind of pain that's buzzing through my body. But I have swallowed it, I have swallowed the harsh reality of abandonment. I have learned to live with the pain.

The kitchen door creaked as I pushed it open, enveloping complete darkness. I carried my petite body towards the switch board, flicking on the light which to my utter surprise didn't turn on. I grunted in response, why the hell would the power go off at this time considering there is no sign of anything close to rain. Strange.

Sighing and stomping my feet like a 2 year old, I somehow managed to pull out the candles from the kitchen drawer. It took me another ten minutes to find the match box, adding up to my frustration.

The single candle that I burned did not do much justice in illuminating the considerably large kitchen but I can live with it. Can't I? I really have to stop whining, God!

My stomach grumbled from hunger. Damn! That's the first time I have stayed that long without food. I really wasn't in a mood to eat but my grumbling stomach said otherwise. Opening the fridge, it dawned upon me that we were really out of food. Except a few apples and left over food which i don't even know from when, there was nothing in there.

I had no choice but to settle for peanut butter and jam. Keeping in mind my sisters might be hungry too, I quickly made three sandwiches. Cleaning up the mess I had made, I quickly blew out the candle and headed out of the kitchen.

Just as I was about to leave, I froze. I literally froze, it was like my feet were glued to the floor. It was like the energy had drained out of my body. My heart thumped against my chest; hard and the blood gushed to my ears, suddenly making me feel hot. I could hear the whooshing sound of my breath. I didn't dare to move a muscle but what caused such an intense response from me was 'the door'.

The back door of the kitchen.

It creaked loudly.

..................................................................

A/N:

I am so sorry, I am so sorry. I know It took me so long to update but I had my exams and there was too much school work. But I finally updated YAYY :)

I hope you all like it, please can I get lots of votes and comments? *puppy dog face*

Enjoy!
Love, jay!