Memories { Rei X Reader }

{ As you guys may know, In the UK, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving ( Yes, as bazaar as it may seem). The whole concept to us is just a normal day but with extra food posts and #Thanksgivingclapbacks on our timelines, dashboards, home pages and so on. Although I don't take part in the festival, I love the concept of Thanksgiving itself and I thought it'd be appropriate to write a short but quick scenario based on the event because I'm thankful for all of you people who even bother to read my books and junk. x }

"So! Who's going first?!" The mass crowd of friends, family and strangers all gathered round the malt, wooden table that your husband, Rei stood upon. The action couldn't but help bring a fond smile upon your face. It was thanksgiving night and probably the only night where no one would believe that this very man was your not so 'fun' husband.

You had all just finished your Thanksgiving meal. The dank food and nourish cakes had all been cleared, stored or put into carrier bags in order for people to go home with. Right now, you were all settling down in order to say your actual thanksgivings so that afterwards, people could go back to their mini agendas. Either watching matches, playing cards, talking with others and all round enjoying the festive celebration.

"Ay, I'll go." Rin raised his arm before standing up himself. Everyone looked towards him, paying their undermined attention to him.

"Er, Okay. So erm, Hey everyone" A chorus of heys replied back to the burgundy haired. he ducked his head shyly before smirking dorkliy himself.

"Aha. I just want to say that I'm thankful for the amount of people I have here today. Especially to those who have helped through the rough times and realize who I really am and who I really love." As he finished his sentence, Rin looked down towards his boyfriend, Sousuke who nodded encouragingly at him. As he sat down, everyone clapped again. Those round him patting his back softly.

Before Rei could speak back up about who would go next, he felt a tug at the hem of his trousers. As he looked down, he saw none other than his daughter looking up at him.

"Oh? What is it, Bubs?"

By now, Rei had stepped down from the table and sat on it instead, his legs over the wooden ledge. He levelled his face with his daughter so she wouldn't have to keep straining her neck by looking up at him. The height difference is already enough at it was when he was at his normal height.

"Can I read to everyone my Thanksgiving prayer? It's not very long! It's just my main points. I took out the ones that aren't that important."

Rei eyed the amount of scribbled out ink that laced the white sheet with jumbles of letters that represented words. Of course, Rei couldn't say no to his daughter. It's not even the fact that she'd start a tantrum or start crying or act stroppy ( like her mother )- In fact, she wouldn't even make a big deal out of it. she'd simply accept it and go to sit down somewhere until she was next needed ( so unlike her mother ). He just had the feeling whether he enjoy her drowning list or not, he should allow her to word her gratification, let that be the very least that he was to teach her. The piece of scruffily wrote double sided paper, crinkled softly in her rather petite palms. A warm, fatherly smile was what Rei gave to her before smoothing the soft hairs on her head and lightly placing a kiss to her forehead.

"Why not, butterfly? Everyone's listening"

Silence soon eradicated across the room, people slowly noticing what was going on. Your daughter turnt round and stood herself in between Rei's legs, comfortably leaning into him.

Her exaggerated clear of the throat made a round of laughter fall upon the company. Rei placed his chin upon the crown of his daughter's head, his muscular arms embracing her small shoulders before she was to start.

"The people I'm thankful for are Mummy, Daddy, My favourite unborn baby brother and Mrs. Olananowai's son, who is exactly 2 months older than me. I'm also thankful for my favourite Uncle and Aunt, Auntie Gou and Uncle Momo who have 3 very beautiful Doggies."

You laughed quietly and rubbed your protruding pregnant stomach as Gou cooed happily from her head that lay snuggly on Momo's lap. he himself had a proud smile on his face, surprised he even made it to the list, let alone the front.

"See that babe? We're her favourite aunt and uncle." even though he directed it to Gou, Momo looked over towards his old swimming team with a winning smirk as they sourly looked back with detest, knowing he made the special place in your daughters heart rather than them.

"I'm also thankful for all my other uncles and aunts who are here with us today. Although, I had to cut their names out. If I didn't do so, we'd be here for a long time." again, the soft laughters came then dying as quickly as they had come.

"The things I appreciate are my lovely, warm house and room, my school which is two roads from my one and all my toys which are in my room. I appreciate the work that my teachers do in order to help me learn. I appreciate the people who make money so that my parents can support me. "

The list went on for awhile. When she had finished, Rei thought that there'd still be silence as everyone must have fallen asleep already hence he was proved wrong. An applause ricocheted through the house as your daughter was praised. She looked back round to face Rei, an impressed look on her face.

"You did well, Bunbun" he nodded at her faintly before she was to run off to her friends that were waiting cheerfully for her.

As Rei looked back up, everyone had more or less went back to their prior motives. Well, all but one. Rei walked over to your sleeping figure, smiling down at your self cocooned posture. Being five months pregnant down the line brought a toil to your health. You were almost always tired, even though you slept for more than you were awake for. Rei pulled the sofa blanket from underneath you before laying it onto your body, tucking the edges under you.

"You know what I'm thankful for?" Rei looked towards the sleepily voice of yours that had just spoken to him.

"I didn't know you were awake" he looked apologetically at you causing you to laugh lethargically at his clumsiness.

"It's fine, Rei. But really, do you know what I'm most thankful for?" Rei shook his head slowly, peering at your tired state. He of course had a slight idea but he didn't know the exact story. You propped your head on your elbows before reaching your other hand out for Rei to take. He gingerly took it and ran his thumb over your knuckles.

"I'm most thankful for my family and any later additions to come" You smiled wearily as Rei placed a hand on your balloon belly and came in closer towards your face. He pressed his forehead onto yours, a soft hum running in his throat.

"And you know what I'm most thankful for?" You shook your head slightly, cant help but smiling profoundly at your husband.

"The exact same thing" was the last thing Rei said to you before connecting your lips in a soft kiss.