Chapter 14 Racing Death (FINAL)

I remember the way Buttercups scream filled the air, she was the first to notice Prince, notice his lifeless body on the floor. I remember all hell falling down on Blade. I remember seeing fire and energy balls and burst of light, all of it flying through the air as they fought. I remember crying, "My baby.. my baby's gone, my baby.."

I remember Brick coming towards me, seeing the blood and realizing something was wrong. Then I blacked out before coming back to myself as doctors and nurses rushed around me. I wanted to talk but there was a sharp pain in my chest and throat and I realized there was a tube in my mouth and I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. I wanted to close my eyes and never open them again.

Except I did open my eyes again, in a hospital room, my body was sore and I moved my arm, hitting the nurse call button. The door opened and three nurses came in along with a doctor. They asked me questions and checked over me before the doctor grabbed my hand, "There are a few little people who have been wanting you."

I was confused by her statement but then Brick was pushing a baby cart in the door and I forced myself to sit up before seeing another baby cart being brought in, pushed by a nurse. "What? Brick what's happening?"

Except I already knew, I had twins. Two little lives to love and take care of and that thought forced tears to my eyes. "Can I hold them?" I asked.

Which made Brick give a small, weak laugh, "Of course."

One was extra chubby with light curly red fuzz on the top of it's head and the other was small, way too small it made a part of me worry, it had darker, curly red fuzz on its head and I opened my arms and once our skin made contact their eyes opened sleepily. My chubby little baby had cherry red eyes, that seemed to sparkle while my other tiny baby had eyes that reminded me of a light powdered blush and my heart swelled. My babies.

"Have you name them yet?"

"No," Brick whispered, "I wanted to wait for you."

I smiled at the red eyes baby, "Asher.." before looking at the other baby, "And Kohen.."

They both seemed to smile, forcing me to become teary eyed before I remembered Prince and my happiness collapsed while I clutched my babies to my chest. "Prince.. is he?.. Where is.." I didn't know how to quiet get the words out.

Bricks smile fell and he went to my side, "So far he's healthy and everything's normal and Blades dead.."

"But?"

"He's in a coma.."

The world seemed to stop for an instant. My babies were okay while someone else's had the possibility to never wake up. "How is everyone else?"

"Everyone else is fine but Princess and Mitch are in hell right now.."

I kissed my babies heads, "l couldn't even imagine.. can I see him?"

"In a few days, your powers are still out of the works and they could come at any moment, we just want to make sure no more Chemical X gets into his system." Brick explained.

"Is that what happened? Blade contaminated him with Chemical X?"

"To an extent, yes but it's a little more complicated than that.. They're trying to get it out of his system but it's in his blood."

I thought for a minute, "When can I leave the hospital and see my family?"

"We were just waiting for you to wake up, we can leave today, everyone is probably at your dad's. Are you ready to leave?"

"Yeah, I just want to take our babies home.."

"About that.. we're going to be staying with your dad for a while.."