An Unwelcomed Visit

May 8th, Sunday, 1996

"Draco?" Snape called, as Draco was getting up, after a long DADA class, to head down to the great hall for lunch.

"Would you stay behind for a moment?" Cooed Snape.

"Of course, professor," Draco replied curiously. He wondered why Snape wanted to keep him.

Wen everyone had finally vacated the room, Snape stood from him desk. "Follow me," he announced.

The hallways were deserted, due to the fact that everyone was at lunch. They entered a hallway full of classroom that weren't even in use. Draco followed Snape into on of them; his eyes grew wide at who stood before him.

-----------------------------------------------------

As Hermione sat in the great hall she couldn't take her mind off of Draco. She had never felt so physically, and mentally close to someone in all of her life.

Hermione waited expectantly for him to strut through the door, as he usually did, but he never came. Disappointment washed through Hermione.

She ripped her eyes from the door, and finally gave into the conversation the youngest Weasley was trying to have with her.

After lunch, Harry, Ron, and Hermione had a spare hour to kill, so Harry announced that he had something very important to tell her and Ron.

So they headed down to the lake, and Harry told them the newest instalment of information.

He had drunken the liquid luck, and went down to Hagrid's cottage for a spider funeral. Along the way he had run into Slughorn, and persuaded him to come to the funeral.

Long story shot, Harry had gotten Slughorn drunk. and the professor had spilled the beans on everything involving Horcruxes.

Hermione was stunned into silence when harry finished telling her and Ron everything. She couldn't help but consider Voldemort crazy for the risks he had taken in order to live forever.

"Harry we will always have your back," said a shaken Ron.

Hermione nodded in agreement, tears swimming in her eyes for her friend, and what he potentially had to do. She vowed then to do exactly as Ron had said: Always have Harry's back, and to be there every step of the way.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Dad?" whispered Draco. he almost ran to him, then he say the cold expression on Lucius's face, which reminded him that him and the man who he called his father were fighting.

"What are you doing here?" Asked Draco.

"I have a message from the Dark Lord..." Draco felt the disappointment spill over him like ice cold water.

"He wants me to remind you that your target is still in fact, very much alive, and that you should remember what will happen to you, if he is not dead by August 1st. Lucius stated, not taking any time to beat around the bush.

Cold washed over Draco. What had happened to his proud father? who was this man who stood before him? was this actually the man who had raised him with such pride and authority, the man who could be cruel, but yet kind at the same time? where was he?

"That is all." Lucius announced, gracefully turning away towards the door.

"Father?" said Draco, effectively stopping his father from leaving.

"How is mother?" Draco asked, a final rebellion to his father. Lucius knew that now matter how much Draco had looked up to him in the past, his real loyalty laid with his mother.

Lucius stiffened "She is worried sick about you...as am I..." With that, Lucius was gone.

*                                                                       *                                                              *

Numbness spread across Draco as he sat a the edge of his bed. Snape had excused him from his afternoon classes.

Lucius had come to remind him that if he didn't kill Dumlbedore by the end of this year, Voldemort would punish him severely.

The thought scared Draco. He didn't want to die by the hands of the Dark Lord.

He thought of Hermione. He desperately wished that he could console in her, but he knew that it was impossible.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hermione couldn't focus during her afternoon classes. Horcruxes clouded her mind. She was so absorbed in her own thoughts that she hadn't even noticed Draco's absence until halfway through charms.

She found that she didn't care much though. She was coming up with ways that she could get her hands on more information concerning Horcruxes.

Could she ask Draco? He still hadn't admitted to her that he was a death eater, but if her was, would he go straight to Voldemort?

If he loved her he wouldn't... Hermione pushed the notion away, labelling it silly. He had never openly said that he was in love with her. Was he?

She though the thought out the window... silly...

--------------------------------------

I am trying to get more on track with the actual plot of Half Blood Prince.

Anyways.... I have a brilliant idea for the end. I am so excited for you guys to see it!

Comment/Vote/Follow