The Battle of the Astronomy Tower

June 30th, Friday, 1996

Draco couldn't control himself all day in class. All he did was sweat, panic, and think about that night. Before supper he paced, and paced.

Hermione was all that he could think of. How could he make sure that she didn't get hurt? Then it came to him, The room of requirement.

At supper he didn't eat. He didn't talk to anyone. He just switched his gaze form the Headmaster to Hermione, a slow beat of switch... switch... switch.

He then fells a light nudge on his elbow.

He turned to see Pansy sitting beside him. When did she get there?

"From the look on your face, I'm guessing that you know about what's happening tonight," she whispered. Draco nodded. He patted her hand affectionately. Despite how annoying Pansy could be, she knew how to comfort him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A melancholy feeling had settled over Hermione that morning. Today just didn't feel normal. It was their last day at Hogwarts. Tomorrow she would be going home. She would be saying goodbye to Draco.

Tonight they were meeting for the last time, and she didn't know what she was going to say.

During Hermione's morning classes she thought about Horcruxes. She thought about what she could do to help harry as much as possible.

But after lunch all she could think of was Draco. She tried to catch his eye several times during the afternoon, which almost always worked because he was constantly watching her. 

The long day dragged on, and on.

Finally the hour for supper arrived. She studied everyone in the hall. The whole school seemed to be depressed.

Hermione watched Draco. He seemed nervous, strangely nervous.

He get up and walked from the hall. She sighed. What was she going to do about this Slytherin boy who had her heart?

-------------------------------------------------

Around 10:00 that night he hid in a classroom in the hallway that he knew to contain the entrance to Gryffindor tower.

Hermione had gone to the library, and since they couldn't be seen together, he had to resort to a desperate measure to talk to her.

Finally he saw the bushy brown hair, that he had been waiting for coming down the hallway. He grabbed her by the arm, and pulled her into the classroom.

She looked at him with an amused expression on her face, but it fell away as soon as she got a glimpse at the expression on him.

"What is it?" She whispered.

"You need to get out of here, hide, go into the room of requirement. You will be safe there." he whispered quickly.

"What? Why? Draco what's happening?" she whispered worriedly.

"Deatheaters will be attacking the school within the hour. They are going to kill him, the astronomy tower.." Draco rambled.

"No." Hermione said defiantly.

"Hermione... Please. I cant let you get hurt." He pleaded.

"Wait.." She said. "How do you know this?" Her eyes grew wide with understanding.

Before he could stop her she grabbed his left arm, and yanked the sleeve up to his elbow.

There was his Dark mark, exposed.