Room of Requirement

12:30 am May 7th, 1997

"Where the hell have you been?" yelled Harry, as they ran up to him in what seemed to be the only empty hallway in the castle.

"The chamber of secrets." Ron huffed.

"Chamber-what?"

"We discovered that once we have the horcrux, we would have to destroy it. So, Ron though of the Basilisk in the Chamber of secrets!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Genius," Harry remarked. Ron blushed.

"I know what the diadum looks like, and I know where to find it."

Harry lead them down a few corridors until they came across an entrance to the room of requirement.

"Do you think anyone's in there?" asked Harry.

"Lets hope not." said Ron.

Harry paused for a moment, and the door opened. The room of requirement was in the for it took when you need to hide something. The three stepped inside and immediately started looking.

"Accio Diadum!" Cried Hermione. Nothing.

"Let's split up." Said Harry.

"Good idea ."

They all took their separate paths. Hermione wandered down the rows of forgotten things, occasionally picking at the piles of old knick-knacks. She froze when she heard voices. she quickly ducked behind a heap of things and listened closely.

"So, how come you three aren't with Voldemort?" Harry mocked.

"Decided to bring you to 'im." Came Crabbe's thick voice.

"Good plan." Harry mocked again.

She moved slightly closer, to see what was going on, on the other side of the pile of junk. Crabbe, Goyle, and Draco, all stood rigid, wands pointed at Harry.

Hermione moved from her hiding spot, and defiantly positioned herself in front of Harry. Draco immediately lowered his wand and looked away. The other two looked to their leader in confusion, but kept their wands up.

"Harry?" Came Ron's voice. "Hermione?"

Crabbe pointed his wand to a towering pile of stuff.

"No!" shouted Draco.

"Why?"

"Uh- the Dark Lord wants everyone alive."

And obvious lie, Hermione knew. 

"Who cares! I don't take orders from you no more Draco! You and your Dad are finished, and everyone knows it!"

Hermione lifted her wand, and shot a stunning spell and Crabbe, then one at Goyle, which ended up knocking him out. Crabbe got up and pointed his wand back at her.

"Avada Kedavra!" 

Hermione just dodged the green ray of light that had nearly hit her in the face.

"Mudblood!" He yelled, just before Draco shot another stunning spell at him.

"Don't you dare!" He snarled viciously at Crabbe. She wanted to go to him, but didn't get the chance, for Harry grabbed her wrist, and pulled her away.

"Come on Hermione!"

A roaring noise came from behind them. They soon found Ron, running towards them, a faint glow coming from the corner behind him. He was yelling, but they couldn't hear him. He grabbed both her, and harry and lead them down another path. The others were catching up to them.

"Like it hot? Scum!" Crabbe yelled at them.

Hermione looked behind them and saw that the entire place was on fire. But, the fire didn't move in a regular way, it coiled, and whipped, like a snake.

"Aduamenti!" Harry yelled, but the blast of water evaporated nest to the flame.

"Run!"

Draco grabbed a still stunned Goyle, and began to drag him along. Soon Hermione had lost sight of Draco. She began to panic.

"Harry? What can we do?"

"Here, he grabbed three brooms, and handed them out. As soon as Hermione had hers mounted, she went back to look for Draco. Panic rushed through her when she didn't see him. Then she did. He was perched on top of a pile of desks, and unconscious Goyle in his arms.

She reached Draco, and he climbed onto the back of her broom. Harry, right behind her, took Goyle. Crabbe was no where to be found.

Hermione had trouble flying her broom with the excess weight on the back, so Draco moved his hands from her waist, to the front of the broom, taking total control.

Hermione saw Harry dive, and she wriggled in her spot to see him.

"Hermione, quite moving." Draco said in her ear. She watched Harry emerge again, and relaxed slightly.

When they finally flew out safely, Draco let the broom fall to the floor, causing him and Hermione to tumble when they made impact with the ground, coughing, and wheezing.

Hermione, out of the corner of her eye, saw him move towards her, then pause.

"C-Crabbe.." He choked.

"He's dead." Said Ron.

Draco looked as if he was going to be sick. Hermione tried to move towards him to comfort him, but he flinched away, got up, and stumbled from the hall.

-----------------------------------------