Prologue| Daddy

Five years old Adriana...

Little Adriana screams, "Daddy! Daddy!" As she ran out of her playroom to her father Lucas.

Little Adriana, a little blonde with golden curls, bright sparkling green eyes, and a cute little button nose with rosy cheeks run to her dad full force.

"Sweetie!" He places his brown Louis Vuitton bag down and squat down to his little petite, jovial little girl who jumps into his arms. Adriana giggles in his tight hold. Lucas has been gone for a couple of weeks now on a business trip.

"Daddy I missed you." Her soft tone touched his heart. She didn't crack a smile at all.

"I missed you, sweetheart, how was school? Mommy tells me you won the soccer game." He picks up the little toddler in his arms.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" She bounced up and down in her daddy's arms. "I have a trophy and it's big!" She spread her arms out wide showing how big it was.

Lucas gasp, "You won a trophy?" His mouth dropped. Lucas was proud of his daughter for achieving things he couldn't. He was never a sports man like Roman and the others.

"Yes, I won it for you." She grew shy instantly, lowering her little head. Lucas pecked the side of Adriana's head with love.

"I wanna see." His grin boosted up her confidence instantly.

"To the playroom." She instructed.

"To the playroom." He repeats after her, like two pirates on a journey.

Walking in her little mixed colored room of purple and rose, her older step-brother Randy who is ten was playing with his action figures. Randy was a product from Mel's previous marriage with a man who died from overdosing on coke.

Mel's previous life was filled with drugs and alcohol. To make matters worst, Francisco her ex abused her as he talked down to her bringing her confidence and self-esteem to the lowest point. Mel was left in the dark before Lucas reached out his hands pulling her out of the pit. He showed no mercy when he was doped up on coke or heroine.

Not only was he violent but angry. Once he died Mel realized that she was pregnant, she did everything she could to provide for Randy but when a rich mogul like Lucas showed up in her life she couldn't deny her situation. Financial stability, free housing, cooking and cleaning, no job and a lover who loves her dearly.

Lucas was not much of a talker so he showed it instead. He bought her the world. He took care of her and her son. Lucas treated Randy as if he was his son, even now Randy gets the same treatments as Adriana. No child was left behind. Randy was Adriana's older brother and that was that.

As time went by Mel forgot about that coked up bastard. She was focus with her life, her job as a kindergarten teacher, her new husband, and children. She took the job years later after having Adriana, she adored children.

Lucas walked up to his son Randy Bell, a black straight hair boy, with the brightest of blue eyes, and kissed the top of his silky hair. "Hi, dad." The boy stopped what he was doing and stood to hug his father.

"Karate classes going well?" He asked.

"Yes, yesterday sensei taught us how to put someone to sleep." He said excitingly. Lucas looked down at the boy chuckling.

"Is that appropriate?"

"No worries, it's safe." He smiles showing off his metal braces with blue and orange bands, his favorite colors. Lucas knows that Randy is lying, whatever to make him happy.

"Be careful." He points to the boy. With Adriana still in his arms, he looks back up to her, "Where is it?" She points to a shelf with multiple awards and trophy. A gold trophy stood there with a golden girl kicking a ball in the air. He put her down then looks at the trophy for a second.