Chapter 5| Is That So Part 1

PART 1 / 2 IS THAT SO

*Ding*

This had to be very important for him to text me like this! Now he remembers me. Ignore. I shut my phone. Before my screen can touch my desk, the flash erratically flashed, an incoming call. I looked at the Caller ID, It was him again. I'm starting to get annoyed, my finger pressed the answer button. "What is it?" 

"Princess don't give me that tone." He says with a scary voice, why does it feel like he's in the room with me? "I know, please forgive, I'm a very busy man. I would never leave you like this."

"You're the worst, you know. How could you?" Tears streaming down my face, I sniffed, "How could you Mikal, I—I thought I was your little, I thought I was your princess. Why would you just leave me out there like that when we had plans? You could tell Jacob everything, why not me? I thought what we have here—we're supposed to be honest with each other. I felt stranded, you don't care about me, you didn't care enough to answer my text back. Just a simple I'm in a meeting would have helped. I had to decline Henry's offer and go to his house last minute for help, I really needed. What were you going to do the same with that tutor too? Did you even have any intentions of caring? You sure care enough for a lot of things that involves me but not my education?"

"I know your angry Adriana, please calm down. I promise you that this will never happen again." He assures me. I wanted to fling my phone at the wall. I scoffed sitting back on my chair.

"I was willing to dump my education this one time so we can hang out and you failed me. However, I put too much faith in you since we don't know each other like that so how can I trust you," Venom laced from my voice, I was not having it.

"Y-you don't trust me." He stutter. I froze, oh my god did I hit a nerve? Why does he sound like that? His voice... he sounded so broken, apologize quickly. "Adriana please, I'm sorry." He said, the more he spoke the more I was regretting what I told him. "Please trust me, I know I can show you that I'm trust worthy, please have faith in me, in us."

"Mikal..." I said sitting up. I was hurting him, wiping my eyes with the sleeve of my pink footie pj's, I felt so bad.

"Please princess... I don't want to hear that. I'll make it up to you tomorrow. I promise you."

"O-okay," I said softly staring into the darkness in a blank face.

"I've gotta go, Adriana, please don't be mad at daddy. Have a goodnight princess, daddy loves you." He repeats, this felt wrong. Why? 

"Goodnight daddy." I said sadly.

I hanged up the phone. Oh, my god, what did I do? I sighed placing my phone back in charge. I laid down, holding on tight to one of my pillows curled up in a ball. I'm sorry Mik— I'm sorry daddy.

Third Person's Pov...

Lucas was tired, sleep-deprived, ever since he saw his daughter coming out of a strangers car and getting picked up in a black SUV, he's been trying to find out who she's been with. This is the first time in forever since he's been worried about Adriana. It's not that he doesn't care but, she's growing up and daddy's little girl is growing up to become a wonderful woman.

He wasn't going to confront her—since he had no solid proof of what she's doing. Maybe she was part of some gang, or worst dealing drugs. That's how she probably got that driver. No, his little girl is a good girl, she would never do anything crazy like that.

As he headed up the steps, he was checking on Alexander if he was sleeping. The little boy loves causing trouble, a small trait he got from him. Lucas laughed to himself as he found the little boy in a superman cape sprawled out all over his bed, snoring loudly.