Chapter 14| Her

Three Days Later...

Avoiding him.

I didn't want no part of Mikal. 

I was avoided him as quick as I could. Ever since that horrible night... I was scared to even be in his presence. Daddy was scary and I'm scared now. After that day, I spent my own time in my own room. Every morning I would wake up around five since I really couldn't sleep and went for a walk and didn't come back around twelve o'clock. I missed three days of breakfast. After my long walk, I would stay in the house for a while before I go for another walk since he would usual pop up around the house at three or four o'clock then I would come back and quickly eat my dinner that Sarah would make and go to bed for the day, crying.

For three straight days, I've been doing the same routine. Now... I actually have a purpose to leave the house. It was finally time for me to go to school and surprise, surprise I got a call from Kayla and she too now have the morning classes with me.

I was standing in front of the large mirror in the large bathroom in my room brushing my hair. I don't really feel like doing anything extra with my hair because what's the point. The only man that I would get dolled up for was another person. I didn't want to become this pretty thing today.

Staring back at myself, I wonder what did I do wrong? I know but there's something more to that. He still hasn't explained to me what happened to him but I will not pressure him onto telling me. Angry flashed, I threw the brush across the room leaving a large dent in the wall. I leaned over my vanity, sighing. 

What did I do, though? I know it must be my fault. I was so eager maybe I missed something. Did saying I hate you really set him off or was it something more? Just thinking about it gives me a migraine. I just want daddy to be daddy again.

Where's my phone? I know what I can do to make me feel better. I went to my phone that was charging by my bedside table and called the one out of two people. A man who has made me happy other than my real father or Mikal.

"Bell Speaking." I heard the rough morning voice.

"R-Randy," I said with a shaky voice.

"Oh Adri, this is a shock. How are you baby sis?" His energy is through the roof right now. I grin softly from his cheerfulness even though he wasn't a morning person and the fact that it was six in the morning, I was glad.

My lips quivered, sniffing before I could muster a "Not really doing good," Honestly speaking.

"What did that asshole do?" He said quickly.

"Randy please calm down, I'm fine—" for now, I thought. "—I just wanted to talk to you for a while," I told him.

"I'll be waiting for you. I don't really have work today but when you're ready to see me then come over. Don't be shy okay."

I sighed. Thank you big brother... thank you. Just hearing this cheerful man, my day is looking up. "Thank you, Randy. I'm starting to feel just a bit better."

"Well, that's why you have a big brother. So come over whenever you want, I haven't moved yet."

"All right. Thank you, love you."

"Love you to Adri."

I hanged up with a small smile. Always making me feel better.

I placed my phone back in charge then turned around. My eyes widen... shit. Mikal, who I don't think deserves to be called 'daddy' stood there in his pajama pants. His hands buried deep in his pockets.