Chapter 10| What She Doesn't Know Won't Hurt Her

Chapter 10|What She Doesn't Know Won't Hurt Her

I woke up from the best sleep I've ever had. Lola really tired me out, ugh I'm so hungry. Daddy must be downstairs but right now, before I went I needed to check my grades. Daddy said I couldn't go to school until Monday again, and it's only been two weeks. I had my laptop on my lap logging into my school to check my grades out. When I did, I wasn't happy. In just fourteen days, my grades slipped. Daddy won't be happy with this, however... I don't think I really needed to tell him that.

Closing the tab, I shut my laptop off. Leaving the bed I slipped on my bunny slippers heading right out the door, I took a huge step back when I was suddenly bombarded by groups of Men. All of them were searching for something, they all saw me but paid no mind as they continued.

Jacob was standing there by the door with his bags. Sarah talking to some strange man and daddy is nowhere to be found. No, he might be in his office. I walked to his office only to be bombarded by more men. "Oh man," I bit my lips feeling a little shy. All of these guys in one room, I needed to breath, it's cramped. They were huge... "Excuse me," My voice was small and I know it. Just as I spoke, one of them looked down then tapped the other one next to him and they moved aside. "Thank you." I maneuvered through all of them till I ended up next to daddy.

"Princess." He said in shock. Immediately, something I did not notice before—I was almost half naked with a tank top and underwear. He took his jacket off then covered me up. I hopped on his lap. "What's wrong? Were we too loud?" He asked. I shake my head no.

"No, I couldn't hear anything when I was in our room. What's going on?" I asked. He looked at me for a moment then smiled.

"Nothing princess, just some help for work." He said.

"Oh okay." I doubt that.

"So, what can I do for you? Are you hungry? Sarah can assist you," His hands went to my hair petting me gently.

"It's not that. Mikal, my grades are slipping." I tell him. At that moment, he tensed. I looked into his cold distant eyes. Was it bad that, I was shocked.

"So." He shrugged. I was taken back for a second, excuse me. what did you just say?

"You don't care that I'm about to fail my classes, you're paying for my school, what do you mean so?" I pout. How can he not care? He should care, I care.

"Princess, I'm a man made of money. You don't need a college education when you have me. I can provide anything and everything for you."

I'm angry. So fucking angry. "Of course you can say something so easy like that." I sighed deeply then left his lap throwing his jacket at him.

"Well it's true, that degree is nothing when you have me." He said casually. Is he fucking kidding me?! I've wanted to go to college and graduate since I could remember because it means something to me that I could accomplish so much and more. I don't need some rich man to tell me I can't. Considering that rich man has a bunch of trophies, rewards and degrees posted up on his damn wall so what the fuck.

"You're nothing!" I spat loudly-all hatred intended as I point at him. "That really hurts Mikal. I thought you'd be more supportive of this, supportive of me that I'm not some useless woman in your house, that I'm more than just spreading my legs open for you. Monday, I'm going back. I'm not gonna be a dropout or a fucking loser." I never did care if he was rich or broke, to say that a degree is nothing when he has a shit more than me is hurtful... he's being a pain right now.

"You're overreacting Adriana, and I suggest you calm down." His eyes were dark with anger, warning me to stop and I can see it. He narrowed his eyes and I gasp softly turning my head.