Chapter 9| Old Issues

Mikal's Pov...

Her petite body was sprawled out on on the bed, her champagne curls were a mess all over the soft pillows. Seems like taking care of Lola really tired her out. My fingers dived in her hair petting her gently. Poor princess. Even in her sleep, she knows I'm here next to her, becoming even more relaxed. It's as if me being here made her frustrations goes away. My new little girl is better that my old one.

I knew she was unstable but I didn't think she try to blow up my house with me inside of it. After I trusted her, giving her everything, my life. I gave her the one thing that I would never feel for anyone—love. I gave her my love and she almost killed me. Blaming it on some being that she made up in her crazy mind. The man with the creepy smile. I hate bringing up this old little. I never knew her true nature but that day I realized I adopted a psychopath. She seemed normal but deep down she wasn't right, nor was she healthy. I failed to realized her health, it was too late when I did. Jacob warned me about her when he used to take her to school and the way she'd treat people and act.

I never understand how you can be so lovey-dovey and dark. Jacob watched her secretly without my permission, He's never butted in my life before. Then Jacob digs a little deeper to me something I've never seen before, an old medical record from the mental ward. I don't know how the hell did I miss that when I was looking at her life files—all about her life—and I fucking missed it.

I'm just happy that, this little one. My one true little girl is normal. Ever since I brought Adriana into my life she's been a good little princess. She doesn't care about herself, she's not selfish. She would pout and throw fits from time to time when she didn't get what she wanted yet at the same time would stop to think about my feelings. I know her well enough now to know that, if she had to take a bullet for me she would. And I would do the same.

My princess became my life, I'm nothing without her. I never knew I had strong feelings like that towards her than I did with my last one. Adriana is my one true love. If mates were true, she would be mine. I've never felt this strong connection with my old one. When she stares at me, her face turns red and I know I will still have that effect on her. The way she stares at me with such dull yet lustful eyes when we are intimate turns me on even more and I can't help but make her scream. Fuck, she's so perfect, this is unreal.

So perfect and normal, secretly I think there's something wrong with her. Not in the way my old little was. I don't even know why I'm thinking about this old issue right now. I'm staring down at the most beautiful woman, so lovely it hurts. Hearing that she had to take care of that old man's baby made me think a lot yesterday. I know she's young twenty-two in a couple of months from now but she deserves something more.

Deep down I know taking care of Lola had to triggered something in her heart, she had that look again. And I want to be able to give her that. I want her to carry my child. Sometimes I think too far into the future and in the future, I see my princess raising my little babies, cute little mini-me of us running around the house. That was one future I could see happening tomorrow but right now I should hold my tongue. I don't want her off the pill yet, Adriana isn't done with school yet. I'm rushing into things and I need to slow down, really slow the fuck down. 

I want her to live her life before actually thinking about having a child. I sighed leaning down to give her a kiss on her forehead. I shouldn't push her like this. She'd become very upset if I tell her this idea, she's still so young. I would never want her to feel like it's a chore or an obligation to give me what I want. I don't want to make that mistake. 

She shuffles in my arm as I pull her closer, "Princess, take your time." I whisper softly. 

A sudden knock at my door snapped me out of my thoughts, I turned to see Sarah. "I think you need to see this." She says waving a white letter at the doorway. I gave her a curious look but still nodded. I gesture for her to go away and she did. I looked back down to my princess and covered her up. Pulling the sheets up to her shoulders, I kissed her forehead one final time. "Sleep tight princess." I knew I should have woken her up but she was really tired. Barely could keep her head up when we ate dinner late and almost fell asleep in the bathtub. How dangerous that was when I walked in just in time to find her slowly shutting her eyes and sliding down in the water.