chapter seven

YAS IT IS WINTER BREAK HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!! )

"(Name). Answer me," Eren stated in a slightly angry tone when you remained silent. You paled and stared at the note, seeing the circle symbol facing your way. It seemed to be mocking you with its crudely drawn shape that sent chills up your spine.

"(Name)... (Name)!" You heard Benico yell before you were shaken roughly by your shoulders. You shook your head and shoved the male off quickly, backing away.

"Close the door," you demanded in a shaky voice, glaring at the floor. Eren looked at Benico, who did so quickly.

"Okay, (Name). I'm going to ask you again. Why do you have this note?" Eren said slowly, as if he were speaking to a five-year old.

You snatched the note back and held it close, reading the messy words again. You really need to be more observant. You took a deep breath and looked at the two. "Someone is watching me. I don't know who, or why, but I know someone is."

Eren stared at you, before bursting into laughter. "Are you serious?" He quickly shook his head before looking at you. "Tell us what really happened." He got rid of his grin as quickly as it came.

"Th-that is what happened!" You sputtered angrily. "They-they broke into my apartment and scratched this-", you pointed at the symbol, "-on my table, they stole my waffles, they fucking stalked me in the hospital and taped this to my back." You waved the note around wildly. "And then, that kid that just got checked in..." Your eyes were wide and your face was ghostly pale. "She told me how her family was killed. It was... Disgusting! And... She... She said... I was next..." You felt like bursting into tears at that point and covered your face with your hands.

The two males in the room remained silent, before you felt a hand being placed on your shoulder. "(Name), how long has this been going on?"

"S-since last night..." You choked. "Someone was strangling me while I was asleep, b-but when I woke up, they were... Gone..."

"That's stupid!" You could hear Eren mirror your thoughts from that morning. "Why not just finish the job?"

"And you don't have any bruises..." Benico murmured, looking at your neck. "Are you sure this happened, (Name)?"

"Are you seriously considering the thought it did?!" Eren snapped at Benico in disbelief.

"It could happen," Benico sighed and shrugged. The male led you to the couch and had you sit down before leaving the room. You could feel Eren watch you silently, scrutinizing you with his hard gaze and trying to see what was going on in your head. He was a detective-in-training; his job would be to think what suspects were thinking, and you just happened to be a suspect in his eyes.

Benico reentered the room, holding his laptop. He plopped down next to you and asked,"Can I see the note?" While powering up the computer. You handed it to him and got a thanks in reply. He studied the note until he was required to enter a password, and did so. He entered the browser and typed in, "symbols that have circle and x inside".

One of the first results that popped up was, The Operator Symbol. Benico clicked on it, and once it finished loading, it showed an image of what was drawn on your paper. Your heart began to race as Benico read the information out loud.

(A/N: The following italicized text was taken from the Slenderman wiki page.)

The Operator Symbol is a circle with an "X" drawn through it: . It has not been revealed what it represents or what its function is except that it is somehow connected to the Slender Man/Operator.