chapter eight

You could feel the world slow down as the hot blood splattered onto your clothes and cheek, running down your face. You were frozen for a second before your breathing picked up the pace as well as your heart. A strong sense of dread filled you as the living room lights flicked back on.

Benico was staring at the computer screen with wide eyes from behind the couch, a knife stabbed into him. The tip of the blade was peeking out from his skin, buried up to the handle in his chest. Benico fell back, slumping against the couch as red liquid surrounded the wound and left stains on the fabric. You stared at his body before starting to scream loudly, scrambling to your feet and backing away. Oh God he was dead it was all your fault you could have prevented this why did you bring them into this why why why?

Eren was pale as he quickly ran to you both, checking Benico's pulse with serious but frightened eyes. "(Name), calm down. Look at me!" He ordered, and you looked at him through your tears and wild sobs.

"I need you to calm down, okay? Take deep breaths. Go to the phone and dial 911 while I try to stop the bleeding alright?" He said in a commanding tone. You swallowed the saliva in your mouth, whimpering in fright.
"B-but he's dead!!" You sobbed.

"He's still alive, (Name)! We can still save him!" Eren snapped. "Go to the phone, now!" He looked at Benico and got up, running to the hallway. You quickly made your way to the kitchen, heading to the phone...

The line was cut.

You began to panic again and ran back to the living room, heading to the dresser where you had put your phone when you had arrived. It was no where to be seen. Eren came back into the room and moved to where Benico was, beginning to press towels against the wound as Benico gasped for air. He began to cough, blood leaking from the corner of his mouth.

"(Name)!" Eren snapped.

"The line's cut!" You shrieked in fright. "I-I can't find my phone!"

Eren looked around for his phone on the coffee table, cursing when the object wasn't there. "Go and get help!" He ordered, eyes becoming a bit panicked.

You ran to the door, hand going onto the knob and twisting it wildly. You began to cry again as the door didn't budge. "Eren...!" You could hear the man curse quietly under his breath before giving you another order.

"(Name), stay with Benico and put pressure on the wound!" He got up and ran down the hall again.

You went to Benico shakily, pressing the towel against the wound. You could feel his warm life liquid soak into it and begin to stain your fingers a light red.

A shaky hand gripped your wrist, and you looked at Benico. His teeth were stained with his own blood as the liquid trailed out of his mouth. His eyes were filled with pain as he let out a shaky wheeze. His grip on your wrist loosened, and his hand fell onto his lap as his head lolled back and he slumped deeper into the couch.

"No!! Ben!" You screamed, tears trailing down your cheeks. Eren reentered the room, face paling as he saw you screaming and Benico's limp body. "Fuck..."

He looked to you, taking a deep breath. "(Name), calm down. Calm on. Look at me," he crouches in front of you. "Breathe with me. Breathe in." He took in a deep breath, and you followed suit, sniffling and whimpering. "Breathe out." He let out the breath and you did as well. "Breathe in." You both did. "Breathe ou-"

A loud crash came from a bedroom, causing you to shriek and start to sob again. Eren stood up and grabbed you, dragging you to the kitchen and opening a cabinet quietly. "Get in," he whispered quietly. You looked at him in confusion and fright. "Now."

You quickly followed his orders.
"I'm going to go look around." Eren said quietly. "Look. If you get a chance to run, take it. Don't worry about me. Just. Run. Got it?" He looked you straight in the eye when he said that. You nodded, feeling like he would not accept any other answer. He nodded back once and closed the cabinet. You could hear him walk away.

It was dark inside the cabinet, and cramped. You could hear your heart pounding out of your chest. Oh God... Were you going to die in here? Was Eren going to die? This was all your fault. You shouldn't have come here in the first place...
You covered your mouth to keep quiet, feeling hot tears run down your cheeks.

After a minute of silence, you open the cabinet slowly and peek out. The kitchen was dimly lit, but you could see no one. You quickly got out of the cramped space, panting in fright. You quickly stood, swallowing the saliva in your mouth and moving to the living room silently.

You headed to the window, trying to open it. Unfortunately, it was painted over multiple times, so that was no good. You went to the next, but it was jammed. The next escape route you saw was the glass sliding door. You went to the door and peered out.

A tall figure in a suit and red tie was there. His (you assumed it was a male) face, if it could even be called that, had no eyes, nose, or mouth. Static noise began to fill your ears the longer you stared, vision going black at the edges.

Was this... the Slenderman?

You snapped to your senses and ran from the door, pounding up the stairs. "Eren!" You screamed, heart racing. Oh God they found you they found you you were going to die first Ben then you then Eren oh God why was this happening to you?

You could hear glass shatter downstairs and footsteps race up the stairs after you. You didn't look back; you were terrified of the thought of when you looked back, a knife would be buried into your chest. You made it up the stairs and down the hall before you crashed into someone.

Eren's eyes were wide as he grabbed your shoulder. You were trembling in fright as your tears dried. "There's someone downstairs!" You whispered in horror.

"It's okay. I found a way out. Come o--"

A knife was placed on his throat, and his face went pale as a dark voice said behind him, "Go to sleep."

You saw the metal move across Eren's throat, leaving a deep red gap. More red water leaked from the wound as Eren clutched at his throat, gasping for air as he was shoved to the ground.

Your eyes were wide as you stared at the pale man with the permanent grin carved into his cheeks. You slowly backed away, static filling your vision and ears as you bumped into someone. You turned around, only to be faced with a suited man with no face.

Static overtook you, and your vision went black.

The static is still ringing in your ears.