ϟ nineteen ϟ

nineteen

Louis had gotten home from a long night with Niall and Liam. His mind was fuzzy and his fingers were beginning to shake. As his eyes traveled the room he had realized that it wasn't what he called 'home' anymore. He was living with someone he didn't love anymore, and man did he really want to be with Drew. Louis wanted to hold her at night and sponge kisses all over that beautiful face of hers. He wanted to trace tiny little shapes on the smooth skin of her hip. Louis wanted to laugh and cry and be scared with her, he wanted to spend every living breathing moment with her.

He sniffled his nose while sitting on the high chair from the bar in the kitchen. Louis grabbed a glass and got himself some water before he sat back down again. His head was beginning to ache and he just wanted to drift into a world of sleep before having to hear Eleanor's voice again. He couldn't believe he had proposed to a girl like her and didn't understand how he could ever spend the rest of his life with her. Yeah, he still cared for her, but feelings have died and he was already in love with someone else, and has been for quite awhile.

Louis rubbed the palm of his hand on his temple when he heard footsteps come down the stairs. He just knew it was Eleanor and a growing pain started to develop in his chest. He didn't know how to break it to her, and he definitely knew that he has been distancing himself for the past two weeks. Louis had to let her know sooner or later or else his mind might explode into millions of tiny pieces. 

Eleanor walked over to him with caring eyes and started to rub his back in circles.  To Eleanor, her mind was still in the thought that Louis loves her and always will love her. 

"Are you alright baby? Do you want me to make you some tea? How about I get you blanket, does that sound-"

"Please stop, just please leave me alone for goodness sake, you're so annoying." Louis muttered under his breath as his fingers roamed through his messy chestnut colored hair. Eleanor was taken aback by his rude nature and she rested her hands on her hips. She understood that he had been extremely distant lately.

Eleanor understood that he was working hard on his new record label, and really that's what she loves the most about him. The record label is her big shot of getting money more than anything. Being married to Louis will only make that a perfect airway to it. She leaned in a bit closer to him, hoping to get on his good side tonight, but really she was more angered that he has been different.

"What I want to know is, is that why are so distant from me all of a sudden? The past two weeks you have been avoiding me at all costs and it's ridiculous. I'm your soon-to-be wife but you're treating me like I'm nothing to you." Eleanor spoke with anger traced in her voice. Louis groaned while he put his head in his hands. He was beginning to feel impatient as his leg shook up and down.

"I just, I can't alright, I can't." Louis groaned once again while hopping off the bar stool and beginning to walk away, but was stopped by Eleanor's hand that was clutched onto his forearm. He turned around with wide eyes, looking at her while he clutched his jaw tight. Eleanor bit the bottom of her lip as she pushed him closer to her, her last nerve being ripped apart.

"You aren't going anywhere until you explain to me what is up with you." Eleanor bickered as Louis listened to her carefully while turning his whole body, facing her. Louis was off the wall and just wanted to get out of there as fast as possible, but he chose to be respectful no matter what. Eleanor was looking for answers, and soon enough he had to break it to her, now or never. Not only was Eleanor getting impatient, but so was Drew. Drew wanted to be with him so badly but Louis had been holding it off for two weeks already. The news had to come out sooner or later, and tonight was the night.

"There's something that I've been keeping from you, and once I tell you I know you aren't going to be happy, but either way it has to come out." Louis exclaimed while Eleanor furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head looking at him. She didn't know what on Earth he was possibly hiding from her, and she just wanted to hear the truth overall. Eleanor had a feeling it wasn't going to be that bad because Louis isn't a terrible man and he wouldn't do such a thing to hurt her, right?

"Well go on love, tell me." Eleanor smiled while folding her hands in her lap as she sat down. Louis didn't feel comfortable sitting down next to her and he sure enough knew to keep his distance so it wouldn't resolve a slap in the face. Louis rubbed the palms of his hands onto his skinny jeans, feeling the clamminess get to him his nerves running throughout his body.He started to feel a bit queasy as he shook his head back and forth while breathing deeply.

"I just want you to know that our relationship was amazing from the beginning, but now, not so much. My feelings for you have drifted away and every time I said I loved you, I meant it. But for now, 'i love you' means nothing to me. I'm sorry Eleanor, I know that we were supposed to live happily ever after and be this one happy couple, but not every fairy tale has a happy ending. I was supposed to be your happy ending and you were supposed to be mine, but that has changed. I truly am sorry." Louis gulped while trying to hold back the tears. He didn't think that he would get this emotional over a relationship he didn't care about anymore. As he looked over to Eleanor he saw trails of tears trickling down her pale skin.

"I-Is there another girl?" Eleanor stuttered as her tone of voice got higher. Louis looked down while rubbing the back of his neck. He didn't know if he wanted to answer that question, but he knew that Eleanor never wanted to be lied to and that the truth was way easier. He didn't want to get himself tangled in a mess of lies.

"Yes, there is. But that doesn't have to be a problem. I think it's both official now that we aren't together anymore, and you can't lie either El, you and I both know that the last two weeks, it was going to come no matter what." Louis offered with a small frown. He was extremely uncomfortable at this point and just wanted to leave. Eleanor cringed when he used her nickname and she looked down at the floor. She wanted to explode and cry and scream and do anything possible to inflict harm onto him. Eleanor slipped off her diamond ring from her finger as she violently threw it at Louis. His eyes got wide as he quickly caught it but dropped it to the ground as it glistened in the light.

"I hate you Louis Tomlinson." Eleanor yelled as Louis shook his head back and forth, moving himself and walking into another room to pack his stuff and grab all his belongings and leave her for good. 

Eleanor felt the tears rush out of her eyes as she clamped them shut and ran her fingers through her hair. The silent ringing of Louis's phone went off as she opened her eyes back up and dragged his phone closer to him. Someone was calling him and she looked down at the caller ID and saw the name 'Drew' pop up. That was the moment that Eleanor realized everything.

Drew was the other girl.

_________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guyssss sorry for the extremely late update, but I'm finally getting a novel published! I have been so so so busy with so much work on it it's actually insane. But I hope the wait was worth it!

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, make sure to comment and vote! I want to hear feedback from this chapter too! It was prettyyyy crazy

I love you

-A x