Chapter 1 - Uni

Excuse the spelling mistakes!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While the professor was talking at the front of the miniature auditorium, I sat there decorating the corner of my notebook page with little doodles and sketches. I looked at my watch, ten minutes left. Thank god! This lecturer was not exactly the best...

A year ago I moved from Australia to England to go to university and get the qualifications I needed. It had always been my dream to live in London and now I'm living it and its amazing! I love it, even if it is a bit cold! I'm studying to become a teacher but I've vowed to never become one of the 'bad' teachers that are always really boring.

I've always wanted to be a teacher since I was little but right now I have no idea why I need to know half of the things that this professor is saying. I tuned out less than half an hour into the lecture.

And now, well, almost every page of my notebook is decorated with swirls and random doodles.

"Okay that is it for today everyone. Goodbye have a good night, I have to speed off." I heard the professor say. I quickly packed up my stuff and put it all into my bag grabbing out my phone and quickly turned it on and walked out to my car.

I fumbled around with my bag trying to find my keys. As I looked up, I heard a few high pitched squeals and I saw a small group of girls form a crowd. I watched as a dark haired boy pushed through the crowd. Instantly I recognised him as Zayn Malik. As in THE Zayn Malik from One Direction.

My mouth dropped open and I felt as though I was about to faint as he looked over to where I was and winked.

Wait! Was I just imagining that or did Zayn Malik from One Direction actually see me and wink?!? I looked around and realised I was the only one near my car, the closest people were the girls crowding him. My hand flew up to mouth, trying to prevent myself from screaming.

Dropping my bag and I turned around and slid my back down the side of my car, begging myself not to scream. Oh yeah did I mention I have always been a massive directioner?! I sat there smiling like an idiot for a while before I finally got off my butt and picked my bag up again.

I felt around for my keys again but couldn't find them. I started to worry but stood up and looked into my car and saw them still sitting in the middle console. "Dam it!" Said hitting my fist into the side of my car. I got out my phone and called the road side assist to come and get them out. I gave them the address I was at and sat down leaning my back on the door again.

I scrolled though my phone and decided to check my emails.

Fifteen new emails.

Oh great...

Thirteen from some random online stores showing the sales, one from my friend, asking if I was free to go shopping on Sunday and one from my mum. Of course...

I quickly typed a quick reply to my friend. Opening the emails from my mum a smiled slightly at the photo my mother had sent of my little sister, Tate, her face covered in chocolate. Her brown hair fell on ringlets, framing her smiling face.

We has always been told that we look alike and when I visit them back in Australia, I usually get dirty looks from the elderly, them obviously thinking I was a teen mum, as I am 16 years older than her.

I looked closer at the photo and noticed just how much she has grown. She does look me. Well, a little bit but she has darker hair and my hair is not as curly as hers only a little wavy.

She was wearing my old apron from when I was her age that had pictures of pooh bear and piglet over it. The caption was: this little munchkin decided to help her mummy make a cake, but half the icing and mixture ended up in her mouth and over her. I smiled and saved the photo setting it as my background.

After about an hour or two, the road sit assist person finally came and got my car door open. I thanked them and swiftly got into the car and drove to my apartment.

I missed home yeah, who doesn't? But I loved it here so much and I loved the independence I have now. I can seriously do what ever I want without someone looking over my shoulder. It was great!

I was going to make a surprise visit to Australia in two months and I was so excited I couldn't wait. It was so hard to not break the news to the my family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys sorry its short!! I thought I would give you guys a little sneak peek!! ;)

Hope you like it!!

Please comment

Like

Share

Fan

Whatever!! :))

Love you babes!!

em xx