"She Will Be Loved"

I smiled to myself as I walked behind Colton further into the gardens. He was so confident, I couldn't help wishing that somehow it would rub off on me. I'd never met any other guy confident and outgoing enough to stand up and confess his personal life to the whole school. However, I thought, with his status it probably benefited him to let everyone know before they began to talk about it them selves.

"You're out of classes after lunch right?" he asked, his back still to me.

"Yeah,"

If you had all your elective credits taken, you were allowed to leave school after lunch and not hang around for the free periods the office gives you to take their place.

"Good," he stopped and took my hand. "We can go see the movie now."

It wasn't a suggestion as much as it was a statement. I chuckled and let him lead me to his red convertible and open the passenger side door for me. As I buckled myself in, he settled himself next to me and started the engine. The air inside smelled thickly of his cologne, but I didn't mind. I'd become familiar with his scent over the days spent in the library, and as you could imagine, was actually very fond of it.

The stereo began playing itself, and in an instant I recognized the beginning guitar strums of Maroon 5's 'She Will Be Loved'

"This is my favorite song!" I said as he pulled out of the parking lot. The lyrics began and I sang along lightly.

"You've got a nice voice," he said softly.

"Thank you," I grinned, still blushing. His compliments still took me a little by surprise, reminding me that I had the best guy in school willing to take me out and pay attention to me.