chapter 5

ella's pov

flashback
before ben could utter out a single ," go and look it up the poor guy's head is spinning", Andrew and I were out of the room, walking down the hall to the boy's dressing room.
"hey guys-" i said, and stopped in my tracks when i saw who was inside the dressing room with the boys.

"um, marie? why are you here?" i asked, looking confusedly at my best friend.
"oh, uh, garrett brought me here to hang out after we went to brunch! what about you?"
"oh, uh, andrew and i went to see a show, and then realized that he has to get back here for the show . ok- girl talk time! all boys out!" i said, and the boys started to groan and complain.
"go to jeremy's dressing room or something! or go stretch somewhere, just leave!!"
The boys finally got up, complaining and trying to figure out where to go. I locked the door behind them, and turned back to marie.
" OK SPILL HOW WAS YOUR DATE?" I exclaimed.
"GREAT!! WE TALKED AND ATE HAND LAUGHED AND OMG." she said, then realized how loud she was yelling.
"ok, real talk: i think i like him. a lot." she whispered, and i smiled/smirked.
"oooooo, now im going to go ask him if he likes you. bye!" i exclaimed, going towards the door and opening it. when i did, andrew and garrett fell into the room.
"were you two listening in on our conversation?" garrett and andrew looked at each other, and ryan came up behind them and said,
"if i were you two i would start running now." they scrambled to their feet and started to run towards the other dressing rooms. marie and i chased after them, and as they ducked into the girlsies dressing room we followed.
"yeah, you are not even close to being safe in here." kara said, and i closed and locked the door behind me.
"oh shit. what's happening here? boyfriends running from girlfriends?"
"he's not my boyfriend..." marie said.
"well, before you kill me, i was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend?" garrett said, and marie blushed and her annoyed look turned to a huge smile.
"yeah! yeah, id love to be your girlfriend garrett!"
"wow, you know, everything great happens in the girlsies dressing room. now what about you two?" Kara said, pointing at andrew and i.
" im not very happy with you for listening to our conversation." i told andrew, faking being upset and turning away from him.
He grabbed my waist, turned me around and pressed my lips to his. we kissed for about fifteen seconds, until marie cleared her throat and we pulled apart.
" i guess you are forgiven..." i said, just as the loudspeaker announced,
"five minute call, this is the five minute call"
"oh crap, we gotta get down there. see you after the show!" kara said, and the three people who were actually in the cast headed out of the room and down the stairs. marie and i headed over to andrew's dressing room to hang out with ben until he had to go on.
~time lapse~
after the show, andrew stayed behind to talk to the director about something, so after giving him a kiss, marie and i headed back to my apartment to hang out for the rest of the day. We watched disney movies and ate popcorn, until we heard knocking on the door.
"who is it?" i called when i ran to the door.
"your loving boyfriend! sorry- boyfriends!" andrew called, and i opened up the door.
"we come bearing gifts." garrett said as he walked in, holding two bags of chinese takeout. he started to put them on the kitchen counter but marie stopped him my saying,
"oh no, bring dat food right over here."
"you guys really didn't have to do this..." i said as andrew took off his jacket and came over to me for a quick kiss.
"it's a celebration!" andrew said, and garrett buried his head in his hands.
"should i be scared in asking what the celebration is of?"
"it's a celebration of marrett!" Andrew said excitedly, sitting down next to me on the floor.
"oh god, is that their ship name?" i asked, sighing.
" yes it is. now can we eat? im starving." garrett said, taking things out of the bags. once everyone was given their food, garrett said,
"so, ella," he paused and put a piece of chicken in his mouth," now you can tell me your life story. go ahead, im listening." he put his head on his hands and stared intently at me like he always did when he was " listening intently" .

"well, there isn't much to know! im 18, just turned 18 two weeks ago, and i sing and dance and act. until two months ago, i lived in california,but i moved out here after high school was over.hoping to go to NYU or maybe get into university of michigan. if i did then i would move out there. i work at a little bakery down the street, but only on mondays and wednesdays, though the pay is enough to pay for my mortgage and all things i have to pay. yeah, well that's me!" i said, looking at them.
"do you have any siblings?" garrett asked. 
"yeah, i have a little brother named kyle, who does nothing but make my life miserable." i replied.
"awwww, im sure that not quite true.." andrew said, and marie and i just looked at each other.
"it is." we said simultaneously.
"is he really that bad?" garrett asked.
"on the first day that i was in california with them, he slugged ella fifteen times before noon, told her she would never be on broadway and sucked at singing, told her she would never get into her dream school, made fun of her clothes, and called her a bitch, dumbass, and told her to go fuck herself. he was twelve by the way." marie said. garrett and andrew's mouths were hanging open. 
" really?! wow, your then twelve year old brother is super mean!" garrett exclaimed.
"it's ok, when he comes to visit, ill protect you and kick his ass." andrew said, intertwining our fingers.
"alright, im good with that." i smiled at him.
"stop being all lovey-dovey and eat you food before i eat it." marie told me, and I glared at her. I picked up my takeout carton and we continued to talk until about 11:00 at night, when marie and i kicked the boys out because we were so tired. i fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, and was sent into a deep sleep, dreaming about.... well, im not even sure.