Taken or Saved?

~~~~(Katie's POV)~~~~
"Thank you Linda, have a great day!" I said as I gathered my books, and left the bookstore.

"You too, Katie! See you soon." Linda called. You see Linda owns a bookstore that I shop from. Since my mother passed away when I was two, my father has been busy with his work. So that leaves me alone, so I spent most of my time reading. I would always spend hours down at the bookstore reading books of all kinds.

Father noticed I liked reading so he would give me money to go and buy as many books as I wanted. Since I was ten, Linda became my friend; and we would always chat or talk about knew books. I walked down the streets of New York City. After walking two more blocks then took a taxi for a ten minute drive, I made it to my house.

I entered the house and heard no sound. Well fathers not home from work. I decided to go up to my room and put my books away. I will read the Hush, Hush series tomorrow.

"Mew," I turned to see Kuroro sitting by my leg. I smiled down at her. I picked her up and cradled her in my arms. My mother got her for me, just before she passed. Since then we've become inseparable.

"Hello Kuroro," I rubbed her head where the star is at. She has very soft fur. She is a yellow/vanilla color, with black on her ears, paws, slashes on her tail, and a diamond on her forehead. She follows me everywhere, but sometimes I leave her home. I sit on my bed and cuddle with Kuroro, when I hear the front door open and shut.

"Katie! Katie are you home?!" I heard my father yell. I run downstairs to see my father running around in panic.

"Dad?" His head shot up and met my gaze. I saw fear in his eyes.

"We need to leave, quickly." He was running around in and out of rooms.

"Dad what's wrong? Why do we need to leave?" I asked still standing on the stairs.

"Katie, there's no ti-" my father tried to say but a window shattered upstairs. Then the windows in the kitchen, and living room broke. People in black suits, and glasses had guns pointed at my father and I. I gasped and couldn't believe what was happening.

"Louis Parker?" A tall man with black hair and a lone streak of white in a bun. Bushy brows, two separate lines for a mustache, and was chubby. He was in one of them matching suits. I was getting a bad vibe. I brought my arms to my chest in fear.

"Father who are these men?" My father stayed quiet when the man spoke to him. He even ignored my question that I whispered to him.

"Katie, I'm going to count to three. On three you run for the back door, hide somewhere in the city. Just know that I love you."

"Father, I'm not going to leave you. Please don't do this to me,"

"Please Katie, for your mother and I." I nod my head.

"I love you too dad." He turns his head back to the chubby dude.

"What do you want? I have no business with you." My father spoke.

"Well Mr. Parker, my name is Mitsuhide Aketchi. You know my boss Nobunaga Oda, don't you?" Nobunaga? I've never heard of that name. "I'm here to discuss somethings with you and your daughter, so I suggest you cooperate or things could get ugly."

"I'm giving you guys to the count of three to leave my property, before I call the police!" I got the message that I was to leave in a moment. Kuroro was standing on my shoulder taking in all of the people in the room.

"Now, Now Mr. Parker, do you really want to do that? I don't really want to use force, but if you force me too, well you get the idea." Mr. Aketchi said.

"One..." My father started. I heard clicks throughout the room. Fear started to pump in my veins. "Two..."

"Mr. Oda isn't going to be happy. Tag'm and lets get back to base." Aketchi ordered.

"Three! Run Katie run, and don't look back." My father shouted punching a guy in the cheek. I turned around and ran past the staircase into the kitchen.

"After her! She can't get away, Nobunaga wants her!" I heard Aketchi yell. I pushed the kitchen door open with all my might and ran to the front of the house. I ran down the side walk in the cold autumn night. I heard many pairs of feet running behind me.

I continued to run, until I made it to the city. Luckily the streets were busy and crowded with people. I ran and blended in with the people. I saw those guys in suits look around trying to spot me. My thin vanilla cream sweater, dark skinny jeans, and vanilla like uggs can't keep me warm for long. I placed my hand over my mothers necklace. I breathed a sigh of relief, that it was still on my neck.

I had to go back and help my dad or find help. I walked until I passed the crowd and went onto a quiet street. I stopped next to a brick building to catch my breath. Wait a sec, where's kuroro?

"Kuroro?" I looked around still not seeing her. Oh no, I can't lose her, not now not ever. I walked to the corner and peeked around to see if those men were still following me. I didn't see them, but I still had a feeling I was being watched. I looked around and saw nobody but an empty street.

I walked down the street hoping to find Kuroro and hopefully not run into those guys. I continued to walk and still felt that someone was watching me. I tried to settle my nerves by chanting nothing's there, just your imagination. I heard a thump come from the ally way. I stopped and stared into the darkness, then continued on walking.

I heard feet behind me, I turned around to see a man with white hair and red eyes. His face was covered by a black cloth, and so was his attire. Black, but he had a red scarf with white designs, a belt like thing around his waist in a dark blue and decorated. He also had white ribbon like thing under the belt/pouch, and on his wrists. I backed away from him and backed into something.

Arms wrapped around me and a hand covered my mouth. I squirmed in my captors grasp, but couldn't get loose. A man came out of the shadows with indigo hair. Two others followed him, one had short brown hair, and the other had dark red hair. I caught a glimpse of orange hair from the corner of my eye.

"Geez, she's a fighter." The guy who was holding me said.

"What Sasuke, can't handle a girl?" The one with red hair spoke.

"Shut up Goemon, she's tougher than she looks." I have to get out of here, I have to find Kuroro and father. I stomped on the guys foot, and elbowed him in the stomach. When he leaned down I shoved him and ran. I heard them run after me, but was stopped by a hand pulling on my arm. My foot slipped and I was about to fall, but the person holding my arm gently pulled me back up to my feet. My ankle hurt but I showed no pain, I couldn't show them I'm weak.

"Good job Kortaro," the man with blue hair said. I heard duck tape being ripped and I turned to see a the guy with orange hair walking towards me. I squirmed in Kortaro's grip, as the orange haired guy walk to me. He was about to tape my mouth when the blue haired guy spoke, "hurry up, we need to leave before someone sees us."

I turned my head back and forth to avoid the duck tape. I closed my eyes and continued to shake my head. I felt a gentle hand being placed on my neck, as a cloth was placed on my mouth and nose. I opened my eyes to see the brown haired guy. His eyes held sincerity, and gentle, no anger. I felt like I could trust him, but I wasn't sure.

I took a breath and smelled something sweet. My eyes began to get heavy, and started to close. I tried really hard to keep them open, but I felt my body go limp. I took one last breath and I was out like a light. All I saw was black, and felt the cold air hit my skin as the five ninjas jump into the night on rooftops back to their headquarters.
♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️
Please comment and vote.
Hoped you like it 😄💚💙💜