Epilogue

~~~~(Katie's POV)~~~~
When the light that surrounds Jinoskue and I fades, I open my eyes to see that he is gone. Like vanished into thin air as if he never existed. My form begins to shrink from being full demon to my human self.

As I change back, my strength dwindles dramatically as exhaustion finally catches up to me. The blade glows in my grasp and I can feel the power radiating off the blade. I hold the blade tightly in my hand to the point my knuckles turn white.

So much bloodshed and death have followed the blade since the day of its awakening. I can see the future this blade holds if it stays in this world any longer. More greedy and power hungry people will come after it.

With the last of my strength, I make a final wish with my power.

"There has been too much destruction in the search for this artifact. The power of the demon blade is not needed now and must not exist in this world. Please...disappear." I say letting the demon blade go as it dissolves in the dark sky.

As the last piece of the blade is dissolved, a small orb representing its power explodes. Ripples of the power residing in the blade is now rippling over the land. Extinguishing the fire of the forest and reviving the life that once flourished.

The remaining power from the blade, trickles down to the ground where Jinoskue and I fought. The power creeps down into the soil and a small stem grows, grows into a beautiful purple rose that will forever mark this day.

 The power creeps down into the soil and a small stem grows, grows into a beautiful purple rose that will forever mark this day

~~~~(Narrator's POV)~~~~
Everyone watches Katie who is a giant wolf, fights Jinoskue and destroys the blade. When the blade is gone, ripples of energy spreads throughout the land. Extinguishing the flames that burned the forest and villages.

The Ayakashis that were attacking the villagers, stop in their tracks holding their heads or arms stretched out screaming! Then their bodies turn to ashes and crumble to the ground. The villagers and demons watch as the darkness vanishes from Jinoskue's rain.

"Where did they go?" A villager whispers.

"The princess, she did it!" Rax yells and throws his arms in the air cheering. The others followed suite and cheer, the villagers still confused but catch on, joining in on the cheering.

After the rippling is done, Katie's necklace stops glowing and her eyes flutter closed; as exhaustion hits her full force. As soon as her eyes shut, she falls as her levitation gives way to being too tired.

"Katie!" Heisuke shouts and runs to her, catching her in his arms. He looks down at her to see her eyelashes lay perfectly still, and her lips are slightly parted.

~~~~(Heisuke's POV)~~~~
I fear the worst as I gaze at her pale skin and unmoving limbs. I truly would have thought she was gone if I didn't hear her shallow breathing, and her chest barely rising with each breath. I reach my hand up and brush her bangs to the side.