Guidance from a Friend

~~~~(Katie's POV)~~~~
I sit here by my sister's side, still thinking of how I had a sibling slip my knowledge after all these years! What was that flashback? During our encounter, when we touched, did it spark something hidden deep within us?

"How is she?" I turn to my left to see that it was Souji. His face a mask of no emotion, eyes boring into the still figure lying before me. I turn to face my sister who has been asleep for most of the day.

"Kortaro says she's okay and that she needs rest." I respond not even glancing back at him. "Is there something you need Souji?" I was met with silence a short while before Souji spoke again.

"Toshizo and Saizo were wanting to speak with you." I nod and ask him to stay with Kimberly, before I got up and left the cave. I walk over to an area where Saizo has been since Kimberly had arrived.

"You wished to see me?" All eyes turn towards me and I saw a paper sprawled out with a variety of markings.

"Yes, we were planning our next course of action." Saizo says and looks back down at the scroll talking amongst the small group that was gathered around. My mind wanders as all their voices turn to mumbo jumbo. I begin walking to the tree line where an allie is currently staying.

"Princess?" I turn back to see that it was Sauske. "Where're you going?"

"To visit a friend, I won't be too long." I smile encouragingly and walk back to the pond where Nevith lies. My thoughts go back to Akira's words from my dream. I haven't been able to talk to her much, but... What did she mean that I will make a decision that will change everything?

I wish that she could've finished her sentence but what caused her to disappear? Will something happen in the battle against Jinoskue? My feet have a mind of their own and stop just at the edge of the pond. Small ripples come towards me signaling that I didn't have long to wait.

A quick splash and water rose up just as Nevith came out. His eyes bore into mine as if he's reading something.

"How is your sister, dear princess?" Nevith's voice once again hisses, but the tone still sounds old and wise. I was a little confused as to how he knew I have a sister when I haven't even told him. My face must have showed confusion as he quickly adds, "Koga told me when you were with her in the cave."

I nod before saying, "She was scratched by the Ayakashis's claws, but is resting." Nevith stares at me staying in his spot and not even blinking.

"You seem troubled."

"W-wait...ho-...I'm not troubled, I just have questions. Questions that I'm not getting answers to." Nevith glances at the sky as a flock of birds sail by.

"There is always an answer, even if we don't like what the answer is. Have you ever thought that you weren't asking the right questions?" Nevith hisses on the 's'.

"What do you mean am I asking the right questions? Every once in awhile I get these dreams where I'm talking to Akira-"

"Akira?" Nevith seems to be shocked but I nod to confirm him. "What has she been telling you?"

I'm a little taken back by his sudden interest but answer him honestly. "Just bits and pieces of information that doesn't make much sense. Little things about the battle that is soon to come and..." I look down just thinking about them.

"And what princess?" Nevith leans closer.

"She talked to me once with my parents...about the demon blade.." I close my eyes as I take a deep breath gathering my thoughts. "They were trying to tell me the location of the demon blade, but it was in riddles."