New Friends

~~~~(Jinoskue's POV)~~~~
"So...the girl thinks by rounding up wild demons that she can defeat me?" I crush the letter my Ayakashis gave me.

"My lord, please let me kill her, it will be an honor." I turn to see Kiara bowed at my feet. I smirk at the girl before me. She reminds me so much of that damn princess. I think about her request for a minute.

"As you wish, but do not fail me. If you come back empty handed, there will be consequences." My tone going dark, the Oni coming to the surface.

"Thank you my lord. I will not fail you." Then she leaves and I wait for the door to shut. I motion for one of my Ayakashis to come forward. "Follow her and report back to me." It nods and disappears.

"Jinoskue, the demons are resisting in the caverns." Nobunaga walks into the room.

"Those demons are becoming a pain." I clench my fist and get up from my throne. I walk down the halls to the caverns. Soon I come to the pit where I have enslaved demons. They're just sitting around, not mining for the blade.

All heads turn towards me as I approach the pit. A wolf demon came forward and spoke up.

"We're done working for you. We aren't slaves that you order around. Our leader will come for us!" I laugh, and it seems to have shocked them.

"I will admit, you are brave but stupid." I smirk.

"What!"

"Your leader isn't coming, otherwise he would've been here by now. Now either your leader or friends have gone into hiding or are dead. Either way, you work for me now. Now find me that demon blade!"

"No." That wolf demon is getting cocky. Two of my Ayakashis bring in the girl from the temple.

"You know it's not very loyal to disrespect your king. I should put you in your place." I bring my hand that's glowing red back to my face. My eyes turn red and I make a slash motion as tiny red razors fly out towards the wolf.

"Gah!" He falls down with many cuts, laying in a pool of blood. The girl gasps and I smirk.

"Remember this, for those who want to disrespect me. Here is your dinner." I motion to the girl as the Ayakashis throw her in the pit. "I better see some progress by the time I come back." I walk away to deal with the threat of Queen Cornilia's daughter.
****************
~~~~(Mikki's POV)~~~~
I push on my hands and shake my head to see many pairs of eyes on me. I quickly back away into the wall as a demon walked closer to me. I flick and hide my face behind my arms in a defensive manner. I can hear the demon crouch in front of me.

"Hello." I stiffen and slowly look up to see brown eyes staring at me. He had gray hair with a black chunk in the middle. Brown fur and armor covered his body. "My names Ginta."

"We won't hurt you kid, my name's Hakkaku." He had a white Mohawk. His eyes and armor just like Ginta. They must be friends from the same pack.

"Ginta," a small boy maybe the same age as Soji called out from next to the guy Jinoskue hurt. Ginta and Hakkaku ran over to body.

"Poor Kai," Ginta said sadly. I walk over to the crowd and push through. The sight brought tears to my eyes. The boy looked no older than me! He had white hair with a black headband, his eyes barely open, but I can see that they are a crystallized Aqua. He has brown fur, a black sash around his waist and black arm coverings.

The younger boy had a brown fur covering that went from his head as a hood down to his knees. He had a black sash around his waist, short black hair and the same eyes as the boy covered in blood.

"Im sorry Shinta, we can't do anything." I walk past the wall of demons to the front.

"I can help." Everyone looked shock to see me speak.

"You can?" Ginta asked. I walk over and sit next to the boy, examining the damage.

"I'm gonna need water and cloths." Shortly another demon with a rock like exterior walks over with some water and ripped cloths. I dipped a cloth in the water and began cleaning his wounds and bandaging them.

"Where did you learn that?" Hakkaku sounds surprised.

"I've watched Fuma senpai heal people back at the temple. Once help comes, he can get better treatment."

"Who are you?" The younger boy next to Ginta asks. I look down and say,

"My name is Mikki. I was in the temple when it was attacked. The Ayakashis took me when I tried saving the princess."

"The Princess?" The Rock demon asks in confusion. I nod my head.

"The Demon princess, Queen Cornilia's daughter."

"How can that be? The queen disappeared."

"She was in hiding. Saizo and his friends found her and brought her here to Japan. She's looking for the demon blade to save the world!"

"Will she rescue us Ginta?" The small boy asks.

"I'm not sure Shinta." Ginta sulks.

"I doubt it. Some of us have been down here for almost a decade. There's no way out of here unless you're dead." A big bulky demon grunts.

"No, not my friends. If it's one thing I've learned from Katie, is that you never give up. If you believe, then there's hope!" I said showing my determination.

The boy started coughing.

"Kai!" Shinta shouts. So this boy is Kai. I lift his head up and place it on my lap, and he calmed down. A loud growl made us all look up to see a Ayakashis pointing.

"Shinta, stay with Mikki and Kai." Ginta said as he and the others go to the sides of the pit and punch or dig the rock/dirt. I look down to see beads of sweat on Kai's forehead. Great he's got a fever.

"Mikki-san, will the princess come?" Shinta whispers. I glance at him to see him burying himself into my side. I run my fingers through Kai's hair to help soothe him.

"I'm sure of it Shinta." I give him my best encouraging smile. I hope they come. Please princess Katie, come save us.
____________________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm sorry for the late update, I've been very busy with school. Since the semester is almost over, I will even more busier but I will try to update when I can.
I'm sorry it's short, but it's kind of a filler chapter. Let me know who's POV you like best.
I want to say thank you to those who vote and comment on my story. It's a great encouragement for me to keep writing. I'm slowly getting ideas put together to write chapters.
Please vote and comment!
Thanks! 💙💜💚