Rescue

~~~~(Katie's POV)~~~~
Smack!

"Ah," I gasped out. Nobunaga has been interrogating me for the past two days. Every time he would ask a question I would give him the same answer 'I don't know'. He didn't like my answer, so he would inflict pain. I cried at first, screamed, yelled, or gasped.

The pain was unbearable, but my body went numb after the countless hours of beatings. The beatings consisted of pipes, rods, or a sword sheaths hitting my body constantly. I think they broke a few bones, dislocated for sure. The Ayakashis would use their claws and cut my skin open. I would feel a burning sensation when it happened and as an after affect.

Now I would stay quiet, not even bothering to pay attention. I haven't eaten since I've been here, nor had any water. I could barely talk for that matter. My eyes were closed as the beating continued. I got the beatings from Nobunaga, his henchmen, or the Ayakashis. I was hurting more now, both physically and mentally.

My clothes were ripped and torn, blood stains littered my clothes as well. I was so tired. I just want all of this to be a nightmare, and when I open my eyes; everything will be back to normal. My head hung down, and my eyes closed. I just heard the swings smack down on my battered body.

"Mr. Oda, Jinoskue is asking for you." A man spoke. I heard him grunt, then a thud as the object he used was placed down.

"I'll be back." His deep voice spoke. I didn't respond, and heard a door shut. The deadbolt locked in place. My breathing has gotten slower, and it's been getting harder to breathe too. My body began to shiver, from the cold.

"Look out! Ahhh!" I heard a man yell. Swords clashing, shouts, and yells of pain could be heard. What's happening out there? I heard pounding on the door, not bothering to look up. The deadbolt was unlocked, and the door squeaked open.

"Katie!" I heard a familiar voice shout. The person came over to me and lifted my chin up. I was met with those beautiful blue-green eyes that I loved.

"Hei...suke," I said barely audible. I felt the chains holding me up, come loose. I was falling towards the ground, but a strong pair of arms wrapped around me. He sat me down on the ground, and the rope on my wrists and feet were untied.

Heisuke picked me up bridal style, and I laid my head against his chest. I heard a clash of noises, that's happening around us.

"Heisuke, Katie! Let's go, we have her back." I think it was Saizo who spoke. I have no idea anymore, my head hurts. I tried opening my eyes, but the room would spin. My vision was blurry, and my body continued to shiver as we ran out into the cold night.

I felt Heisuke hold me tighter and brought me closer to him. The wind rushed past us, hitting my already cold skin. My body was screaming in pain. My body began to grow weaker, I was so tired. Knowing I'm in Heisuke's arms I'm safe. The darkness began to pull me deeper, my body was giving in.

"Stay with me Katie, come on stay awake." I heard someone speak. Their voices sounded like they were far away. Getting farther every time they spoke.

"Katie!" Everything around me sounded muffled, like I was under water. 'Heisuke,' I thought before I blacked out.

~~~~(Heisuke's POV)~~~~
"Katie!" Sasuke yelled. Her body went limp in my arms. She hasn't spoken since I found her in that cement basement room.

"Let's get her back to the house fast." Saizo ordered. We all nod our heads. Sasuke made a green wind platform underneath us, and we flew through the night sky. We got to the house less than five minutes. I ran inside to Katie's room, with Sasuke on my tail.

I took her to her bathroom, sat her on the floor leaning against the sink cabinet. I grabbed a washcloth and got it wet. I started to clean the cuts on her arms, hands, neck/chest, and feet. Her clothes are torn and ripped. Sasuke appeared at the door.