Meeting the Shinsengumi

~~~~(Katie's POV)~~~~
It's been a week since the spring festival, and my date with Heisuke. Mikki told me the next day, that she watched the fireworks with her grandfather. I'm glad that they are bonding. I'm sitting in a meadow by a small river.

Mikki, Sango, Rin, and Soji are sitting here with me. I was making flower wreaths with them. I made one for each of them, and was working on Soji's right now. Soji has grown to like me, and is glued to my side. Soji still won't talk but I know that he's still shy.

"Princess?" I was pulled from my thoughts when I looked to see that it's was Sango who spoke.

"Please girls, call me Katie. Calling me princess, I'm not too used to it." I said smiling. I placed the flower wreath on Soji's head. He smiled at me, then looked back at Sango.

"Katie, did you have fun at the festival?" Sango asked.

"Of course I did, I know all of you guys did as well." We continued to laugh and talk, until I got this feeling. I stood up and the girls looked at me a little confused.

"Katie what's wrong?" Mikki asked. This feeling I got was getting worse, like something bad was going to happen.

"Girls, we need to leave." I said not taking my eyes off of the trees and bushes that were behind us. Mikki went to ask me something but I told them to hurry back to the village. As they were getting up, something emerged from the woods.

"Run!" I yelled to the girls and Soji tried to run after the girls but fell. The monster grew closer as it ran after us. I ran and picked Soji up, and began to hurry home. While I was running, the monster got closer and swiped at my leg causing me to fall. Luckily, I landed so Soji wouldn't have gotten hurt.

I looked to my side and saw the monster get closer. Then two men jumped out of nowhere, standing in front of Soji and I. One of the guys had short spiky reddish-brown hair, olive green eyes. He wore red and white shoulder top/jacket, tanish gray pants, sandals, and white and red wraps on his stomach and lower arms. He had a sword at his left side, and had a staff with a blade on the end.

The other guy had short brown spiky hair with a green headband. Has blue eyes, black and purple top that stops at the shoulders and is open on his chest. White shorts, with knee like black socks and sandals, a tan cloth wrapped around his waist, and black gloves that cover the lower arm. He also had two swords on his left side.

They both had their weapons out ready to fight. The one with the brown hair said,

"You demons never learn." The one with the reddish brown hair said,

"Shinpachi, shall we have some fun?"

"Sanosuke, you know I love to fight so why even ask?" I think Shinpachi said with a smile. Then who I'm guessing Sanosuke, turned to me and said,

"You need to leave this place immediately. This is no place for a lady or a child." I was shocked, but was able to get up and ran in the direction of the village. I heard fast shuffling movement in the trees surrounding us.

As I was running, I didn't notice a shadowed figure beside me. Right before the shadow was able to attack me, more figures dropped from the trees surrounding me and Soji.

One man had blackish-green hair in a ponytail. His eyes were like a purple. He wore a dark burgundy shirt, light gray pants, white socks with sandals, and a white cloth wrapped around his waist. He had two swords on his left side.

The next one had dark bluish-purple hair in ponytail that laid on his shoulder. His eyes were bright blue. He wore a long black kimono with a white like scarf and a white cloth around his waist holding two swords on his right side. Has white socks with sandals.