Fast, Sharp pain

Castle and Beckett had been married for 12 years now, it seemed like nothing could break them apart, not a surprise pregnancy, or when Kate needed some space. Richard sat writing now, putting his effort into his writing to relieve stress.

(5 days earlier)
Rick and Kate's youngest, Chloe was drawing in her kindergarten classroom. When a knock on the door caused the teacher to leave the room. They heard gunshots and the kids began to run and scream, the teachers aid locking the door and herding the students into the back, with her cell phone tucked away in her pants.

The couples other child 7 year old Kyle was drifting off in his classroom. Writing like his father on his math worksheet, he was a unique child, but a great one, with a bright future. His classroom heard gunshots as well, the teachers pulled his class away and onto the field, parents weren't called yet, but with one teacher shot and wounded it was only a matter of time until some word got out.

Kate was at work, studying a cold case, ever since she finally found out every detail of her mothers murder she couldn't help but bring justice for others, even if it meant working later hours.

Richard was sleeping he had a breakthrough in his book the night before and had to catch up on sleep.

Alexis was preparing for court she looked in the mirror and then heard her phone buzz she looked at it and it was Brianna texting her "Alex we need help call 911 I'm working at the elementary school and a teacher was shot, she may be dead, the student are safe for now but hury, +your lil sis is in here" she didn't text back in case it would make things worse, she called 911 and cancelled her court date, lives were at stake as she drove a block away from the school, and called her father then Kate who told her to stay away from the school.

Thank you for reading! I will write more in my story soon! Any comments/suggestions are welcome! -the author