Times

Castle was at home while Beckett was at the precinct, he had slowly decreased his time there over the last few years, but still made a point to visit her daily.

Beckett was working with Ryan and Charles on the case, she was Captain now, she had her own style with this. What she likes the most was now no one could take her off a case.

Martha was watching the kids, it could be Richard as he was home, but she wanted a little time with them.

Alexis had the day off so she spent it with her fiancé, Dylan, they were thinking of baby names and decided to drive and get coffee, they drove past the precinct so Alexis went in to visit Beckett for a while, and she saw Charles.

"Hey Mark!"

Charles turned around, he hadn't met anyone yet who called him by his first name, let alone yelled it with joy.

"Alexis?"

"Yeah! How have you been?" Alexis said as she hugged him.

"Hi Alexis, what brings you here?" Beckett asked once the hug broke.

"Just wanted to say Hi, I didn't know you worked here now Mark?"

"Ok hey Alexis glad you stopped by, your dad isn't here, but I have something for you."

"Thanks!" Alexis said accepting and unwrapping a little yellow tissue paper wrapped gift.

"I love it!" She said when she opened the picture frame with a photo of the whole family.

"I thought you would like it, just a little thing you could put in the babies room."

"Thank You mom, I love it and I'm so happy you thought of us." Alexis and Beckett hugged and exchanges a few more words before Alexis turned to Charles and Beckett went back to her murder board.

"Hey Alexis, I haven't seen you since, I think graduation."

"Yeah it's been too long! So you became a cop?"

"Sure did, always my calling I guess, is that Detective Beckett is your mom? I thought I remembered her"

"Yeah step mom actually."

"Right right, so how's the family?"

"Fantastic, I'm actually pregnant."

"No way! That's great, how long?"

"A month now."

"Awesome, well I should get back to work, have a good one!"

"You too bye!" Alexis walked out of the precinct with her tiny gift in hand she showed it to Dylan who loves it and then they went to go get coffee, as planned and discussed baby names.

Castle was still writing at his place, Martha and the kids were playing in another room.

"Richard!"

"Coming mother!" Castle stood up and ran into the kitchen, Kyle and Chloe were drawing.

"Yes?"