THE HANGOVER SCENE

**THE HANGOVER SCENE**

Even though I only drank three beers, and they were small, I still have a major hangover. My head feels ready to cave in, I don’t want to move, and every time I see light I want to run to Dracula’s castle.

Tammy opens the door to our room, shutting it gently. I guess she’s the only smart one in the house to realize I’m nursing a hangover. “Got drunk last night, huh?”

“Yep.”

“Nobody knows except for Scene?”

“Yep.”

“Want some Advil?”

“Yep.”

I can already see her wicked grin. “I’ll be right back.”

She slams the door this time, shooting a sharp pain from the middle of my head. I groan loudly, tossing all of my covers over my head. When Scene and I got back to the cabin last night, everybody was asleep. I didn’t bother to check the time, either; I just went straight to bed. I wonder if Scene has a hangover…

No, he doesn’t. He told me last night that he wasn’t drunk. I guess I was, but just a little bit. I still remember the game we played vividly. And what he said to me out on the porch. Angelica Strippi is one nasty girl, I knew it from the start. And it doesn’t help that my  little sister has a damn nickname for her.

Tammy comes back in, kicking the door shut. “Here.”

I toss the blankets back over my head, slowly sitting up. I don’t open my eyes as I blindly reach for the two tiny pills. She thrusts a cup of cold water into my hands. I take it gratefully and swallow the Advil. “God, I feel terrible.”

“You look terrible too,” She snorts. “The family is going out to eat for lunch, then I think we’re going on some forest tour. Should I tell them you’re sick with a fever, or what?”

I ponder on it for a couple of seconds. “Tell them some guy sneezed on me at the party and he must’ve gotten me sick.”

“Alright. Bye, Pia.”

“See you.”

The cabin gets silent and I smile, curling up into the pillows. It’s only me and I can chill for the day with my hangover. Hopefully it goes away soon and I don’t have any suspicion on my back later.

I hear the door creak open again. I thought they left already. “What’d they say, Tammy?”

“They said that someone should stay here to look after you and I volunteered.”

I jump at the rough voice. I open my eyes and squint to see Scene smirking back at me. My body relaxes and I flop back onto my bed. “Go away!”