THE HAUNTED HOUSE SCENE

**THE HAUNTED HOUSE SCENE**

“Please?”

“No.”

Tammy sighs irritably. “Why not? It’s the last day here, let’s do something we’ll never forget.”

“I’m not going to a haunted house.”

“But it’ll be fun,” She drags out. Scene walks into the living room, giving us a side glance. We haven’t spoken at all since yesterday. Actually, I haven’t even seen him since now. He’s been avoiding me and I don’t blame him.

“No it won’t. We could be killed.”

She rolls her eyes. “Haven’t you ever seen all the ghost shows on TV? They don’t get killed.”

“Ever seen Poltergeist? Paranormal Activity? The Devil Within -”

“Those are movies, they don’t count,” She protests.

“Scared of an old house, Pia?”

I whirl around to glare at Scene and his provoking question. “Not at all. Why don’t you come with us?”

“Does that mean we’re going?” Tammy’s eyes light up.

“Sure, I’ll come,” He snaps back.

Joey, whose reading a book, snaps it shut. “Can I come?”

“Sure. Tammy knows the way, let’s go.”

She glances at her watch. “It’s 9:33. Perfect timing. Let’s go.”

So after we grab a couple flashlights, I’m half forced out the cabin door and to the left. That’s where the forest is, and apparently, a haunted house that I’ve never heard of. We head through the forest and with each step it seems to get darker. “Tammy?”

“What?”

“Are you sure you know where we’re going?” I ask nervously.

If I could see her eyes, she’d probably be rolling them. All I can see is the back of her braided hair. “Yeah, my friend took me over here yesterday. I’ve gotten it down pat.”

Something snaps near my feet. Instinctively, I jump and latch onto the person next to me. A smooth, deep chuckle is heard at my ear. “Scared, Jersey girl?”

I try to pull away but he doesn’t let me. Instead, he snakes his arm around my waist, pulling me even closer. My cheeks turn a deep red, but thanks to the darkness he can’t see it. “Let go, Scene.”

My voice is harder than intended. I guess I’m still a little pissed at him from yesterday’s episode. His arm detaches from my waist, falling limp next to him. I speed up to walk with my brother. At least, when I latch onto him, he’ll have the decency to push me off.