Scene's POV-The Tattoo Scene

Scene’s POV-Tattoo Scene

“CANNONBALL!”

All of a sudden, Tammy comes running out the back door and jumping into my pool. I don’t mind; she’s always doing it. When she comes back to the top, she’s laughing. I watch her as she comes out, shaking water off of her, and grins happily.

She wonders over to the back door where a person I didn’t see before lingers. Tammy hooks an arm around Pia. “This is my sister, guys.”

I stay in my corner, near the pool, watching as everyone gets closer to greet her. I even hear some of the boys comment about her looks. I would love to go over there. Push them all out of the way. Say she’s mine. But that’s stupid and idiotic. She left me. It’s obvious she didn’t give two shits about me.

I press my lips to my beer, downing half of it.

Pia’s cheeks grow red as she’s dragged to a chair by her sister. People crowd around her, chit chatting. Sam’s over there. I clench my knuckles. If he tries anything on her, I swear…

Tammy jumps into the pool again, lingering in there to cool off. She sees me sitting near the pool, so she swims over to me. “Hey, why don’t you go join them?” She jerks her head over at the table, where Pia is.

“I’d rather stay right here.”

Tammy rolls her eyes, making a huffing noise. “Scene, I brought her here for a reason.”

“I don’t care, Tammy!” I snap at her. “You shouldn’t have! I don’t want to see her face ever again!”

“Yes you do,” She snaps back, a bit smug. “You want to do X-rated things with that face.”

“You know what - ” I get out of my chair and fake spilling my beer on her. She squeals, dunking underneath the water and swims away from me. I shake my head, smiling a little bit. At least she knows how to cheer me up.

I walk over towards the table, but stay out of Pia’s view. I stay behind the hard pillar and just listen to her voice. It’s filled with amusement and excitement; she doesn’t sound like that when she speaks to me. She sounds like she hates me.

“…There was this one time when the Cross Country decided on doing a race. It was across the field, the football field. Winner got to pick where we should go eat that night; loser would pay for the winner‘s dinner. Well, I already knew I wasn’t going to win; too many boys to beat. But we raced anyways. A couple fell down, some slowed down because of laughter, but,” She’s laughing by now, which puts a smile on my face, “I didn’t. I kept going. I came in second place.”

Everyone starts clapping for her. They’re drunk; of course they are.

“Damn girl, you can run,” I hear Sam say.

I clench my knuckles again. He’s annoying. And if he doesn’t stay away from her, he won’t even be able to walk again. I hear Pia put something down. “Where’s the bathroom?”