CHAPTER 12

The next three days went in a haze. Aaliya spent majority of her time sitting in her room, busy googling and in the evening she'd go out for a walk on the beach or exploring the malls. She was getting a mail every hour from one of the four Vinayak's asking about her whereabouts and she marked them spam without even reading them once. It was after having her breakfast on the fourth day that she decided to go to the Abercrombie River National Park. Then another thought crossed her mind, Brent. Unlocking her phone and going through her contacts, she found Brent's number. While dialing his number she noticed that he had added a picture along with his contact number when he saved it. He had probably clicked that picture when she fell asleep because he was in the same green shirt making a gape face. He was indeed a great creation of god. She finally pressed the call button and pressed the phone to her ear. He picked up her call after four rings.

"Hey Aaliya." Brent said answering the call.

"How do you know it's me?" Aaliya asked a little confused.

"Well, I don't give my number to people and you're the person I last gave my number to. So obviously it got to be you." He said. She could hear him smirk from the other end.

"Okay."

"I thought you'd never call me."

"Why wouldn't I?" She said and she could hear him smirk again. But before he could speak she continued, "So, I was planning to go to the Abercrombie River National Park today. Would you like to come?"

"What time?" He asked.

"In half an hour?"

"Okay, I'll be there in twenty." He said.

And just before Aaliya was about to hang up he spoke, "Second date, Aaliya." He said and kept the phone.

Aaliya looked into the mirror and noticed the slight blush. Second date? She had just called him so that they could spend time like friends, then where did second date come from? But if this was their second date, then she had to get ready for which she only had twenty minutes. She rushed to the washroom and put on her navy blue bikini. She then slipped into a pair of black jeggings and a denim shirt. Rushing out, she tied her straight black hair into a ponytail and slid on a sliver ear cuff. She then drew her eyes with eye liner and painted her lips with transparent lip gloss. Just then her door bell rang and she rushed to open the door. Right in front of her Brent was standing in a pair of black jeans and grey tee shirt that outlined his muscles.

"Hey." Brent said.

"Hey."

"For you." He said as he handed her a bouquet of white daisies.

"Thanks." Aaliya said as she smelled those daisies. She shifted so that Brent could walk in. Brent walked in and relaxed on the sofa.

"Pack your bikini as well, there is a river and a creek in Abercrombie." Brent said.

"Well, I know and I have. I researched about that place." Aaliya said shooting him a big smile.

"I should have known that. So, let's leave then?"

"Sure." Aaliya said as she grabbed her bag, phone and key card.

Just when Aaliya was about to walk out Brent held her wrist and turned her around.

"I forgot to tell you something." Brent said and Aaliya raised an eyebrow at that.

"You look beautiful." He whispered and Aaliya smiled. She held his hand and pulled him out of the room locking it behind her.

They took the elevator and went down. She pulled him out of the elevator when the doors opened on the ground floor and pulled him out of the hotel with her. Once out, she looked in both directions trying to understand the way.