CHAPTER 14

The next week and a half in Sydney flew by fast and before she knew she was packing her bags. She had spent a week visiting the famous lotus like structure - Sydney Opera House, the eye of Australia - Sydney Tower, the Sydney Botanic Gardens, Jenolan Caves and The Blue Mountains. Brent and Aaliya took a tour of the Sydney Opera House and were lucky to even sit and watch a dramatics show there. Aaliya felt like she was on cloud nine when she was on top of the Sydney Tower and took in the scenic view. She also used the binoculars that were available there to zoom in and look at the places more carefully. She was in awe as she looked over the whole place.

Aaliya had even learnt about the different transcontinental railways back in school in Geography and when she further searched about it like the geek she was at times she realized that she still had time to travel in the Trans Australian Train. The very next day Aaliya and Brent packed their bags and took the Indian Pacific Train from Sydney. It was a three night train journey but Aaliya didn't mind it a bit. The train stopped at Adelaide before its final stop at Perth but Brent suggested her that Perth was anyday better than Adelaide. After a not so long three night journey in the comfortable train they reached Perth. Brent had already booked two hotel rooms for a two day stay before they flew back to Sydney so that Aaliya could catch her flight to Delhi back in time. As soon as they checked into their rooms they took a quick shower and headed for sightseeing. They went to the Swan Lake, Perth Zoo and Port Beach on the first day and the next day they went to Hillarys Boat Harbour and St Mary Cathedral Church before catching their flight back to Sydney late night. Aaliya knew that it was a trip she'd never forget no matter what.

She still had a couple of hours before her flight back to Delhi but Brent insisted her on leaving for the airport. She said her finally goodbyes to Gwyneth and Chris who asked her to come back soon. She sure was going to miss them a lot. She would never be able to forget how Gwyneth shopped in the Queen Victoria Building considering the fact that she lived here and Aaliya was the one who was supposed to go back and should've shopped. The hardest goodbye to say was to Simba. She had fallen in love with the handsome german sheperd and was in no mood to let him go. She refused to believe Daffiny and Brent when they said Simba was a moody dog as Simba would always play with Aaliya and lick her face every now and then.Simba even followed Brent and Aaliya outside while they were loading her stuff in the trunk of the car.

She had asked Brent a number of times of why they were driving to the airport when they still had four hours but Brent ignored the question. Leaving two hours ago made sense but four hours? After driving for an hour, Aaliya could see the Sydney International Airport at a distance but then Brent suddenly pulled the car through a big gate. It was then Aaliya noticed that they were in a five star hotel. Brent got down from the car and walked to the other side and opened the door for her, extending his hand. Holding his hand, she hopped out with a confused expression. He gave his car keys to a valet standing there who took those and went to park his car. Brent gently tugged on her hand and pulled her through the five star hotel. Aaliya felt self conscious while walking in in a five star in just a worn out jeans and cream tee shirt with a blue muffler around her neck. She spotted some people with Gucci and Chanel bags and could easily say that they were in their best designer outfits and that made her feel even worse.

"No need to feel conscious, you look plain beautiful as always." Brent said giving her hand a small squeeze.

They got into the elevator and Brent pushed the button to the top floor as the elevator doors closed.

"Where are we going?" Aaliya asked.

"Just wait." Brent said.

When the elevator doors opened, Aaliya noticed that she was on the terrace of the big five star hotel. As she further walked she saw that the whole terrace was full of tables and chairs with a big buffet along the side.