CHAPTER 17

Two days had passed but the memory was still fresh as ever. How could one ever forget the fact that their husband slept with a girl behind their back? The scene was still playing in Aaliya's mind as if she was still standing there and seeing her naked husband with his naked mistress. Aaliya knew about his extra marital affair, she had even seen them kissing but seeing them like this was something completely different and beyond her emotional capability to handle. On the first of January she had somehow managed to stop crying for a few hours so that she could visit the Vinayak's. For the first time seeing Riddhima and Rishab didn't bring any joy to her heart. Even they realised something was wrong with Aaliya but failed to get a word out of her. It was later when Priyansh kept pestering her did she puke out everything that had happened and let go of the tears she was holding back from long. Even Priyansh was at a loss of words when he heard the whole story. He knew his brother was being an asshole but he didn't expect him to go out of the way when he and Aaliya were still not officially divorced.

It was the third day of January and Aaliya had somehow managed to fall asleep after crying the entire day. She had even ignored Brent's countless calls because she didn't wish to break down in front of him. It was when her mobile phone rang did she wake up from her weak sleep. She cursed under her breath for not turning the phone on silent before sleeping. Turning to the other side she picked up her mobile from the night stand and saw Aarav's name with a picture of his flashing on the screen. She looked at the top right corner of the screen and saw that it was 2:37 am.

"Why on Earth are you calling me at 2:37 in the night? Do you want to tell me how good a girlfriend Raima is, or how marrying me was a mistake or how good your girlfriend is in bed? How about we go through that later because seriously I've no fucks to give right now." Aaliya said answering the call. There was silence for a minute from the other end.

"What -" Aaliya was saying but was cut off by Aarav's cracked voice.

"Dad is in the hospital." Those words seemed to kick out all her sleep in a second.

"What? Why? Which hospital exactly?" Aaliya asked as she got up from her bed and slipped her slippers.

"Fortis Hospital."

"I'll be there in twenty minutes, okay?" Aaliya said as she rushed out of her room and ran down her stairs. She heard a faint 'hmm' but wasn't sure.

"Aarav?" She asked as she stopped on her tracks.

"Yeah?"

"I'll be there in twenty, don't worry okay? Dad will be fine."

"Yeah." She could hardly hear him. With that she ended the call and pulled out a jacket and car keys from the key holder before locking the door and speeding away in her car.

It would have easily taken her a good forty minutes to reach the hospital but considering that it was almost three in the night and that the roads were empty she drove beyond the speed limit. All she could see in the dark night was the occasional light from the towering street lamps. After racing her white Honda City through a couple of red lights, she finally reached Fortis Hospital. After parking her car in the almost empty parking lot, she took the keys out of the ignition and ran straight into the big hospital.

"Mr Rishab -" Aaliya was frantically saying but the receptionist cut her off by raising her hand.

"Yeah...yeah...sure...I'll inform Dr Vikram...yeah, I'll send an ambulance there right away." She said and cut the call. The receptionist looked pretty young and looked around Aaliya's age.

"Yes ma'am?" She asked as she looked up at Aaliya with her black orbs for a second before she took the receiver of the phone and dialled another number.