C4: Like a Dream

Maka's Point of View ~

After running a couple of miles, I felt weak and tired. There was so much running going on I don't think I can continue going forward.

I stop running and take a breather. This is all too much for me. BlackStar and Kid don't like each other already. Well Kid doesn't like BlackStar. It's understandable.

"You okay?"

I look up and see the female assassin. She is so pretty I can't believe that BlackStar managed to have her as his companion. I wouldn't want to be near his loud mouth.

"Yeah sorry," I chuckle lightly. "This is just too much running."

She giggles and sits down next to me. Well she sits on the ground while I'm still leaning over trying to catch my breath.

"That's BlackStar," she smiles. "He can be such an active assassin that we get caught."

"I bet it's all the time." I laugh.

"Yes." She agrees. "It's annoying but I like having BlackStar as my partner."

"Really?" I look at her, amazement plastered all over my features. "I wouldn't even want to spend an hour with him. No, I wouldn't spend another minute with that loud mouth."

She laughs at me and starts to explain how all the others were only trying to be her partner because of her looks. But BlackStar was annoying that he didn't care how she looked. He just wanted a girl as his partner.

"Where are they anyways?" I ask, finally standing up straight.

"They are catching werewolves." She smiles at me.

"Really?" I gape. "How do you know?"

"You stopped just a few feet away from their home." She giggled.

I looked up and noticed that the idiots are catching each werewolf they see. I can't believe I didn't catch one because I was trying to catch my breathing.

"Yahoo!" I cringe at BlackStar's shout. "We caught them all!"

How did we catch all the werewolves again? He was so loud running around trying to find their home.

"Come Tsubaki!" He shouts again. "Let us get some vampires now!"

"What do we do about the werewolves?" I ask Kid as I walk up to his side.

"I contacted my father," He places his pocket mirror into his pocket. "He is sending some guys to take them to the dungeon."

With that said, he runs after BlackStar and Tsubaki who were already running. So much running.

+•+

After running for what seemed like forever, we finally got to the Evans' mansion. It was huge!

It was made of stone, the rectangular windows looked like it had curtains on it, the doors to the mansion was wooden.

The damn mansion looked like any of those mansion in scary movies. I could've just said that. It was easier.

Tsubaki and BlackStar were looking at it, and for once, throughout this mission, BlackStar was actually quiet. He had this very serious look on his face which made me doubt he was an idiot.

Tsubaki didn't look like she was fazed at all with the way he was looking at the mansion.

Kid was examining it very closely, and I have to say so myself, I'm glad the damn mansion was symmetrical. If it wasn't, he would've went into one of his scenes which will not be good for the team.