C16: Betrayal

Maka's Point of View

"What the hell?" I exclaimed.

"Kid!" Death shouted. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing Father." Kid laughed. "I'm just trying to kill Soul."

"Why are we like this then?" Death demanded.

Kid stayed silent as he looked at Soul with an evil smirk. Some sort of fear was settling in the pit of my stomach. What is he going to do to Soul?

"Let us go Kid!" I shouted.

"Soul is a vampire Maka!" Kid barked. "His father killed your father! He was going to kill you too!"

Kid's eyes started to water up and I didn't know how to feel. Should I feel sad that he's crying or scared that he's doing this to us?

"I just wanted you to love me Maka!" Kid cried. "Why couldn't you just accept my feelings?"

Kid let out a cry and the witches looked at each other. They probably didn't think Kid would suddenly break down the way he was now.

"Kill him!" Kid shouted.

"No!" I shouted.

Before I could do anything, Death launched forward. He pulled out a scythe and quickly hit the witch with the frog hat.

She let out a scream of pain and a small purple orb appeared. I gasped and fell to the floor as Medusa launched herself toward Death.

"Kid!" Death shouted.

He punched Medusa in the stomach the the other end of his scythe. Her body went limp and fell to the floor without another sound.

"Death!" I shouted.

Death stopped in his tracks and I watched in fear. My heart was echoing throughout the room. The sound ringing through my ear.

"I'm sorry Father." Kid's monotone voice broke the silence. "I'm just getting my job done early."

Death's body fell backward with a knife in his chest. Oh god, Kid just killed his father. His own father! What is going on?

"Save yourself Maka." Death's raspy voice came to my ears. "Run."

"But Soul!" I exclaimed.

"Go!" Death shouted.

Before I could react, darkness came over the world. The sun light from outside was gone. Everything was completely black.

"Damn you father!" Kid shouted.

I quickly ran out of the house and into the forest. My tears were running down my face as I ran. My vision was so blurry that I tripped.

A scream escaped my lips as I fell to the cold ground. I looked up to see black snow falling down from the sky. I cried and quickly got up.

The trees around me was charcoal black and the leaves were grey. The black ash like snow continued falling. The sun was a black skull.

I couldn't help but keep crying as I was running through the forest. I just kept running and running, not knowing where it was I was going.

This is all too much for my own being. What the hell is wrong with Kid? Why did he just suddenly attack us? Why did he kill his father?

Death saved my life. But I had to leave Soul behind. I shouldn't have left his body back there with Kid. Kid will dismember him.

My head is pounding, my heart is thundering. My tears won't stop coming down and my sobs won't stop leaving my mouth.