C17: The Demon

Maka's Point of View

"Soul!" I exclaimed.

Soul groaned and moved around. I placed my hand on his hand and he stopped moving around. Slowly his eyes opened and I saw his red eyes.

He looked at the ceiling for a minute before turning to looked at me. I smiled light as he stared at me but I felt my face heat up.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

Soul sat up in the bed, not even looking away from me. I was honestly a little scared of him. He's giving me the creeps and I don't like it.

"What are you doing?" I asked again.

Soul stood and stared at me. All of a sudden, his claws came out. I looked up at him in fear and he was giving me a spine chilling grin.

He leaped toward me and I let out a scream. He was grinning and laughing the whole time, throwing his claws at me, hoping to injure me.

It's a good thing I know how to fight. I glared at him and started to fight back, not allowing him to cut me. He's still weak after his injury so he's slow.

The color in his eyes were glowing. The red was a lot darker, almost black. It was just like Wes when he attacked us. Was this what Death was talking about?

"Mistress Evans!"

I turned my head to see the slave running in. He looked at Soul and at me as I was trying to fight back. He's a slave so he can't fight.

"Get out of here!" I shouted. "He'll kill you!"

But Soul jumped in front of him. The slave looked at him as Soul was grinning down at him. Before Soul could kill the guy, I pushed him away.

The strength I used force him to fly through the wall. That scared me but I quickly got a hold of the guy's wrist, making him follow me out of the room.

"Mistress!" The guy shouted. "I'll take care of him!"

"No!" I shook my head running down the stairs.

We continued running down the stairs into the living room. I didn't know what was wrong with Soul but either way, he's blood thirsty.

While we were running, the ceiling above us broke in. The wood and flooring came falling down hitting the ground.

I stopped in my tracks and held my arm up, shielding my eyes from the dust that came down as well. I coughed and slowly opened my eyes.

Soul was standing straight up, a grin still plastered on his face. I can't believe that Soul is like this. What in the world made him like this?

While thinking about this, I felt my hand move. I turned to see the slave was walking toward Soul. What is wrong with that guy?

"Hey!" I shouted. "Stop!"

"Master." The slave held up his hands in surrender. "I know you are in there somewhere. Come out!"

I stood watching as Soul sneered and threw his head back and forth. What in the world was going on? What does the slave mean?

"Please!" The guy shouted. "Come back to us!"

Soul growled and slapped the guy. His head turned but I noticed he was still alive. He turned his head back to Soul, still having his hands in the air.

"Your Mistress is alive!" The slave shouted.

Soul shouted, holding the sides of his head. This seemed like some kind of exorcism being done right now. A demon was inside Soul.

"Fuck it!" Soul snapped.

He shook his head and launched toward the guy. He stabbed him with one hand and shoved his other hand into the wound as well.

The guy groaned from the pain, trying to remove Soul's hands. But Soul moved his arms allowing him to pull the guy apart.

I screamed and watched as Soul threw the halves away from him. He was now covered in that guy's blood. He didn't look fazed at all.

"He was annoying." Soul shrugged.

"Who are you?" I sneered.

"I'm the black blood." He grinned. "Soul is just about to lose his mind and I'm here to prove that point."

"Leave Soul alone!" I shouted.

"You want him to die?" He faked gasped.

"What?" I whispered.

"Soul never found his soul mate." He laughed. "If I leave him, he will still die. Plus, that three striped brat cut him with a stupid silver blade."

"Where?" I barked.

"Right here." He pointed.

He pointed to his chest where I saw black blood coming from the wound. I didn't even know Kid hurt Soul but then Death did say Kid got to Soul.

"Good bye."

I gasped and looked around. I looked outside to see the darkness leaving just as the sunlight was starting to shine on the village again.

"Death's funeral is done." I gasped.

The light came pouring into the house, blinding me. I looked at Soul and saw him standing still, watching the sun come into the house.

The light hit his skin and I watched as it started to burn his skin. Soul let out a scream and jumped toward a spot where light wasn't hitting it.

"I still burn?" Soul sneered.

"Soul!" I shouted. "Please come back!"

The imposter looked at me and gave me a spine chilling grin. He walked a little into the light, making his skin sizzle at the sight.

"Maka?" Soul whispered. "Help me."

"Soul!" I exclaimed.

Without thinking, I ran toward Soul into his open arms. I hugged him letting my tears fall freely. I miss this but he's still wounded.

"Too easy!" He laughed.

"No." I sighed. "I knew."

"What?" He snarled.

With a quick motion of my wrist, I stabbed a small needle in the back of Soul's neck. The imposter growled and stabbed me in the back with his claws.

"You bitch!" He shouted.

"You'll pay!" I shouted back.

I pushed him forward, making him fall backward. He was glaring at me as I watched him fall. Once he fell, the needle went through his neck.

The imposter closed his eyes and I heard his heart stop beating. I watched as it took one beat and it completely stopped.

My knees started to shake and I collapsed on the floor. My vision started to grow dark and I allowed myself to get enveloped in the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very short chapter and I apologize. But that's how I want to end it ^^ anyways I'm really sorry for updating so late and I didn't update A Promise to Keep. I'm trying my best to get this story done even while trying to keep my grades up before graduation ;-; I hope you lovely readers understand :3