C13: Blood Loss

Maka's Point of View

Earth is a strange world. I don't know how it could possibly be strange but it is and I'm one of many who noticed.

Vampires are weird creatures. They have special abilities but in order to use those abilities, they need food. But it's human blood that satisfies that.

They have sharp teeth to pierce the skin and drink blood. Their teeth can retract in order for them to look human to hide amongst us.

Vampires are demons. But the devil himself was once an angel. So why must Satan have more sinned angels? So he doesn't have to do the dirty work?

Vamps can use hypnotism with their eyes. Just one look into human eyes and a command from the vampire can make any human do anything.

Humans fear what they don't know. But we know about vampires and we are still scared of them. Maybe it's because we fear death.

Death is just another angel. But God is Life and he knew everything can't live forever. So he created Death to do the job although God is still in charge.

Life can kill Death if he wanted to. But just like Satan, Life doesn't want to get his hands dirty, so he keeps Death alive.

Lord Death didn't want to kill everything he touched. He told me that when Father brought him over when he was supposed to kill him.

"I was created this way." Death sighed looking at his skeletal hands. "I have lived this way for eons. I was supposed to have no emotions."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Death is not allowed to feel." He continued. "Death is just supposed to kill what has lived long enough. But I loved a women."

"Kid's mom." I gasped.

"Yes." He nodded. "I managed to be human just long enough to be able to get her pregnant."

"Gross." I gagged.

"I know." He lightly chuckled. "But when she gave birth to him, she died."

"What happened?" I asked.

"God took my beloved away." Death mumbled.

"He saw that you went against his word." I mumbled. "So he allowed you to keep Kid but she had to die."

Death nodded his head and leaned forward to cover his face. He cried and cried for his lost love.

After a few minutes, I grabbed a box of tissues and handed it to him. He reached out for it and barely nipped my hand.

"Oh no!" He gasped looking at me.

"I'm okay." I smiled. "I'm alive."

"How?" Death asked.

"I created a serum to make sure not to die from your touch." Father entered the room.

"How?" Death asked.

"I just did." Father shrugged. "How was my Maka?"

"She's smart." Death looked at me. "She surprisingly knows everything."

"I taught her everything she needed to know." Father nodded.

"I'm sorry for ordering those wolves to attack your wife." Death sighed. "Her life clock was ticking down."

"I understand." Father sighed. "You had a job."

Death nodded his head and looked at me as I was about to sleep. He looked at Father and Father nodded his head.