C21: Why Must It Be You?

Maka's Point of View

Soul kissed me and I felt like the world had stopped for a second. He pulled away and my eyes fluttered open to see he was staring at me.

I opened my mouth to ask him why he suddenly kissed me until he stopped me with his words.

"I love you Maka."

My eyes widened and I just stared at him for a minute. I can't believe he just said that to me while we are in the middle of a fight.

Before I could answer back, I heard a scream. I quickly turned to see Blair had been stabbed by another witch. My eyes widened at the scene.

"You shouldn't have done that." The other witch sneered.

"Fuck you." Blair spit on her face.

The other witch gasped and started to slowly move the blade upward. Blair let out a scream trying to hold the blade down but it was useless.

My body moved on its own and I quickly pushed the witch. She let out a scream and she flew into the woods, hitting down some trees.

I turned toward Blair to see she was on her knees. I quickly got onto my knees and took the blade out of her stomach which I knew gave her great pain.

She hissed at the pain and leaned back, looking up in the night sky. I looked at her and saw that she had many bruises growing on her body.

"I'm sorry." She gasped for air.

"Don't be sorry." I shook my head. "You did nothing wrong."

"I kidnapped you and Soul." She coughed. "I shouldn't have done that."

My body started to shake and I felt extremely sad for Blair. She did kidnap us but she just wanted to be with the other witches. That didn't work out though.

She was just beaten by Medusa. She was depressed and now she just saved us. I never heard of a witch turning on her fellow witches.

"You don't deserve this." I cried.

There was no tears but I knew I was close to crying. I couldn't let my tears fall for some reason and it was getting me a little frustrated.

"It's fine." She smiled and looked up at the stars. "I'm fine."

With those last two words, she let out her final breath. A tear slipped from her eye and her eyes had grown dull. The life in her body left.

"Maka!"

I turned and saw Soul fighting off a witch. He was hitting them away and he even stabbed one in the stomach with his bare hand.

"Get away from me!" He exclaimed.

He kicked the witch and she flew into the woods. Kid was shooting and the some of the wolves were dying. They were being killed.

Soul was busy fighting that he didn't notice a witch coming behind him. I gasped and tried to get up but all I saw was a blur pass by me.

The witch screamed and hit the wolf that attacked her. She thrust her elbow onto the wolf's head. The wolf let out a whine but continued to keep her teeth latched onto the witch's side.

The witch pulled out a knife and stabbed the wolf in the side. The wolf let out a howl and let go of her. The witch snarled and kicked her away.

The wolf flew away and landed a few feet away. The witch turned back to Soul but I quickly got behind her. I twisted her neck and heard a snap.

The witch went limp in my arms and I allowed her to fall from my grasp. I grit my teeth together and went to the wolf that the witch stabbed.

Once I got to the wolf I stopped in my tracks and gasped. It was Liz who was the wolf. She was holding onto the wound on her side.