C5: Pain

Maka's Point of View

I know I've seen those red eyes before. But it was so long ago I can't remember the face anymore. All I know is that it was a guy who saved me that day.

It's can't possibly be Soul. Soul is a vampire. Second in line to be king of vampires. He isn't saying anything about seeing me before either.

"What's wrong Maka?"

Kid's voice breaks me out of my thoughts and I look at him. He was looking at me like he was worried, which I'm sure he was.

"Nothing," I smiled. "I was just thinking that's all."

"About what?" He asks again.

"Just some things." I stood from my seat. "Don't worry."

He stared at me while I looked at the metal door which had the werewolves and Soul behind it. I wanted to go in there and talk to Soul, but I can't just go in there and strike up a casual conversation.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Kid asks again. "You've been sitting here for a while and we already told you, you can go home."

"Of course." I smiled.

They told me I could go home and get some rest but I couldn't rest. I want to know what happened before, when I was a little girl. Before Dad went off and died.

"Well I should get home." I giggled a little. "Papa is probably wondering where I'm at."

"Yeah," Kid chuckled. "You're probably-"

Before he could actually finish his sentence, he heard shouting and banging.

"Maka! Where are you my little girl!"

"Too late." Kid and I groaned at the same time.

Papa came barging into the room and saw us looking at him. Kid was just looking at him with a straight face while I was glaring at him.

"There you are!" Papa jumped toward me.

All I did was side step and started to walk for the door. It looked like it was about to come off its hinges. Poor door.

"I'll see you tomorrow Kid," I turned around and lightly smiled.

Kid nodded his head and looked down at Papa who was on the floor crying because I didn't let him hug me.

Sometimes I think he's a pedophile or something like that. He's always trying to hug me or he calls me he's. It's weird and that's why I hate being around him a lot.

"Later Maka." Kid called out.

Once I got out of the dungeon, I went toward my old house. I'm glad Lord Death said that this house was off limits to other people. Only I'm allowed to come here.

"I'm home," I whispered as I walked through the old door.

I closed the front door and walked into the living room. The furniture was old and ripped. It was even covered in a thin layer of dust. I should really clean this house up.

Once I turn 18, I'm living here. I'm never going to stay in the same house as Spirit anymore. He's too annoying with his loudness.

After roaming around the living room and kitchen, I decided to go into my room to see some of my old things from my childhood.

The shelves were also covered in dust and the bed was too small for me to lay on. I've actually grown in height and I'm glad about that but I'm still small compared to Kid.

Damn boys and their growth spurts. I want to be tall too. If only girls can grow like that and I don't have to worry about wanting to get taller.

"Dad," I smiled as I pulled off a picture frame from the shelf.