C19: Admit It

Maka's Point of View

"Maka." Soul whispered. "You're a vampire."

I turned to Soul and saw that he was looking at me in awe. I felt a blush coming on, so I quickly looked to see Kid crawling through the hole.

He was growling but he saw me standing on my own feet. His eyes widened and he quickly ran toward me with a smile on his face.

"Maka!" He shouted. "You're alive!"

He wrapped his arms around me and I felt his heart beating so fast. The urge to bite his neck was tempting but I pushed that feeling aside.

"You said you hate vampires." I spoke.

"Of course I do." He wrinkled his nose. "You hate them too. The king killed your father leaving you orphaned."

He looked at me and examined me for a minute. Once he got a good look at me, his eyes widened and he started to back away from me.

"You're a vampire?" He whispered.

I looked down at myself and saw that I didn't really change. The only thing that changed was my eye color, I got fangs, and my heart stopped beating.

"No." He whispered.

"Kid." I looked up at him. "Be reasonable. You can't take your father's place. Let Soul take charge. He's a prince."

"No!" He shouted and shook his head. "He's going to kill everyone!"

"I'm a vampire too Kid!" I shouted. "I'll make sure he doesn't!"

"Vampires are only allowed out at night!" Kid shouted. "How will you protect us all!"

"Werewolves." I whispered.

"What?" Kid growled.

"Soul!" I turned to Soul. "Aren't you friends with the wolves?"

"Yeah." He nodded.

"Have the wolves protect the village." I exclaimed.

"No!" Kid violently shook his head. "I am not allowing those mutts around my village."

"The witches are our enemy." I sneered.

"The witches intend to take your villagers one by one." Soul looked up at Kid.

"Have us protect you." I stepped forward.

Kid was looking back and forth at Soul and I like we had two heads each. It's complicated trying to persuade Kid into a thought or an idea.

"Kid." I spoke. "We're friends."

Kid's eyes quickly shot up and looked at me. My eyes stared intently into his own and wondered if he would allow Soul and I to help him.

"You rejected me." Kid backed up.

"Oh come on Kid." I groaned. "Right now is not the time for that."

"I loved you!" Kid exclaimed. "Why couldn't you have just said you loved me back?"

"You know I don't lie." I stood straight. "I hate liars."

"Oh yeah?" He sneered. "How do you feel about Soul?"

My head started to spin and I wondered what was going on. What in the world is making me feel this way. I'm dead, I shouldn't have gotten affected by anything.

"If you tell me, I will allow you to help us." Kid sighed.

I quickly opened my mouth to respond to his question but no words came out. I blinked and closed my mouth before opening it again.