C8: Waiting

Maka's Point Of View

Damn that Soul. He will pay for stabbing me the way he did. He just upped and jabbed me in the side with that stupid glass shard.

I regret leaving those pieces in here with a damn vampire! Why the hell didn't I take them out when I was taking the boxes out?

Well I can't do anything about it anymore and it is in the past. If I didn't take it out in the first place, it is only fair that I learn from my mistake.

The thing that is really bothering me is the fact that Soul didn't bite me. I wonder why he didn't try to. He had a good chance at biting me and killing me but he just left me here.

He left me down here. To die. Alone. He did this on purpose. He knew he was going to stab me and injure me so badly to the point I was going to die.

My body fees cold. I lay on my back, staring at a cold dark grey ceiling. It has so much spots that I didn't care to notice until now. That's so fascinating.

My eyes scanned the ceiling and the walls. This is all I can do at the moment since I'm bleeding out and dying of a slow death.

For some reason, me dying right here right now feels alright. It feels like I can easily let go of all of my stress by just staying right here.

The responsibility of me taking up my dad's job can no longer be my concern. I can just let it go with a blink of my eye and all of my problems can vanish.

I won't have to deal with this war going on between humans and beasts. This war can end in my life if I just stay here and continue to bleed.

The thought of that actually happening gave me a smile. It was a small faint smile but a smile nonetheless. I guess it can be that easy to die.

Did Father feel like this when he was dying out in the woods after defeating Mr. Evans? Did he feel like this when he was looking up at the sky.

Did he watch the sun rise? Did he die watching the sun slowly touch the sky with its light? Did Father think of me before he breathed his final breath?

A tear slowly fell from the corner of my eye, leaving a wet trail down the side of my face. More tears followed after that one and a hiccup escaped my mouth.

"Father." I whispered. "Did you think of me before you died?"

My heart clutched tightly and I felt like my body was bent in all different directions. It hurt for a second but I got over it within an instant.

I can remember father laughing at me when I thought a pig can be evil. He gave out a light chuckled and told me that I was just adorable.

We were walking around the town because we needed food. He didn't want to leave me at home with a sitter or by myself so he took me with him.

We were passing by a pig farm and I saw a pig looking at me. I got scared of it because it looked like it was ready to charge at me.

"Dad!" I cried as I clung to his pants. "A monster!"

Father looked at me and up at the pig that managed to run into the fence. At first he just looked until he finally chuckled lightly.

"Maka dear." He smiled at me. "That's not a monster."

"Can you kill it anyway?" I whispered.

Father chuckled again and crouched down to my height. He place one hand on the top of my head and the other on his knee.

He moved his hand around my hand, making my hair messy. I whined at first but saw him giving me one of his rare sweet smiles.

"It's just a pig Maka dear." He smiled. "It is alright that you are scared of it but how about I get and we can eat him?"