Part Seven

My brain blocked out most of what happened next. I think Nooch got me some bandages and dragged me home, but I passed out at some point along the way because when I woke up, I was in my room.

I was lying down on one half of my bed, and Choco was sitting up and leaning against the headboard on the other half. One of my hands was in both of his and he was examining it, though it was bandaged. He didn't seem to notice that I had woken up.

"Choco...?" I grumbled groggily.

Choco jumped and let go of my hand. "AH! DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!!" He squaked.

"Jeez," I said with a laugh. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"I'm easy to scare," Choco replied with a sigh. "By the way, are you able to bend your fingers?"

I paused, and attempted to bend my fingers. I found that I couldn't move them at all. I also became painfully aware of how much the cuts stung at this point, and I made a small noise resemblant of a grumble and a yelp at the same time.

"...unfortunately, no," I said. "I can't control my fingers at all, really."

"Fleep," Choco swore. "Not good."

"Why? What..." I started, propping myself up on my elbow. "...what does that mean medically?"

"You..." Choco paused, sighing. "...you might not be able to move your fingers ever again."

I looked down, but didn't respond.

"Either way, you need stitches," Choco said grimly. "And I have to administer them to you."

"Why do you have to do it?" I postulated.

"Because," Choco began, grabbing my hand again. "I'm the only one who wants you around. I brought the issue to the boss, he told me to throw you out because you weren't worth it. My sixth sense is telling me otherwise, so I made a bargain with him and now I'm supposed to mother you. I don't know why, but you're important, Brandon."

"I'm important?" I mumbled.

"Yeah," Choco said. "Anyway, I'll go get some painkillers. And a needle. Don't...don't die while I'm gone, please."

"I'll try not to," I laughed.

Choco left the room and I found myself missing his hands on mine. It was a comforting feeling, especially with the pain. I wished I had the ability to intertwine my fingers with someone else's, much like I was doing with Nooch earlier. But Nooch needed my hands for power, not for personal reasons.

Speaking of which, how was I meant to assassinate people now that I couldn't move my fingers? It's not like I could hold onto a weapon, and redstone itself didn't have the power to kill people like conventional electricity did.

My thoughts were broken by the return of Choco.

"Unfortunately, the painkillers aren't as strong as I'd like," Choco confessed, sitting down next to me and putting the needle and thread on a three-legged tabled next to the bed. "But they'll have to do. You probably shouldn't take this much normally, but I'm gonna give you four tablets."

I swallowed the pills and turned to Choco, who was threading the needle. I began to dread existence.

"Auuugghh," I groaned, leaning back against the headboard. The wires of the frame dug into my back and my head.

"Sorry," Choco winced. "Has to be done."

He took my right hand in his once again, and carefully unwrapped the bandages. The blood had almost made the cloth stick to my hand like glue.

"OW, shit," I exclaimed, when Choco suddenly ripped the bandage off.

"Uh, sorry," Choco quickly replied. The aggressiveness had caused the wound to reopen and start bleeding again. "Fleep, I didn't bring any towels."

I had my eyes shut tightly and my teeth clenched. "Choco..."

"No worries, we'll just use the bedspread," Choco reassured. Sure enough, I felt him gently pat the blood away with the blanket.

"That needle is sterile, right?" I asked, as soon as I noticed him pick it up and get near my hand with it.

"Well, I mean," Choco shrugged, "it's as sterile as it's gonna get in a place like this."

"Great," I looked at the ceiling.

"Are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

And then Choco took the needle to my skin. I wanted to curl my hands into fists, but unfortunately for me and fortunately for Choco, I couldn't move my fingers. I found myself with my eyes shut tightly and my teeth clenched so hard I might have broken them.

Thankfully, Choco finished fairly quickly.

Or maybe my brain just blocked out most of it.

Either way, he moved on to my other hand and finished it about as painfully as the first one, and then he bandaged both my hands.

"I want to both hug you and punch you in the face at the same time," I confessed through clenched teeth after he was done.

"Trust me, you're not the only one," Choco said, smiling. "I'll let you rest for a bit. Come downstairs whenever."

Choco began to leave the room, but I stopped him just before he reached the door. "Choco?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks."

~~~

I BET YOU THOUGHT I FORGOT ABOUT THIS, DIDN'T YOU?

WELL I'M BACK BITCHES!! MWAHAHAHA.

Really, though. H3M has renewed my interest in this story, so expect more updates. This chapter was a little uneventful because it was about stitches, but the next one will have some vtpe svyopm.

(Key: one letter to the LEFT on the keyboard).