Part Thirty-Five

Hey. This isn't Pete writing this chapter, it's Vikk. Pete claims he was "too focused on literally anything but death" to recall specific details of the battle, so he enlisted me to describe it because apparently I have better memory. Which isn't true, but whatever.

As you're aware, I have a full panoramic view of everything around me. Lachlan always asks me what it's like, but I can't remember what it was like to see normally, so I can't answer. I presume it's just like how normal people see but...longer? Larger? I don't know, honestly.

I'm getting off topic. Anyway, I had a full, three-hundred-and-sixty degree panoramic of the entire battle - the Final Battle of Genesis Arena. At least, that's what Pete's overdramatic ass named it. It was absolute chaos. The government officials appeared to have little to no training in hand-to-hand combat, and were attempting to shoot us close-range. It was easier than expected to dodge.

Vaguely, through the haze of the battle, I noticed a silhouette against the ironically bright blue sky - jumping down from the stands, where Crow was infecting civilians with the Fever's vaccine. Vaqcine. I'm so funny.

I found Mat, and then immediately turned and ran to the cyborg. He was sitting on the back of a struggling official, attempting to choke them to death. Quickly, I tapped him on the shoulder and pointed behind me to the silhouette that had jumped from the stands. Mat's expression changed from determined to worried in a split second, and I was left alone with the official, who was gasping for breath.

"You," the official huffed, standing up and turning to face me. He pointed right at my nose, and t briefly went cross-eyed. "It's you. It's Vikkstar. I found you."

Oh, shit. My "suicide". Right.

"I-I-I-I c-can explain," I stuttered, stepping back. I was very open for attack at the moment. I was confused as to why he wasn't taking the shot.

"Do you know how frustrating it was to look for you?" The official continued. "A full day and night of searching for a body that didn't exist. Oh, boy, when I tell everyone else, they're gonna be pissed."

"Not if you don't live long enough to-"

"And working with Crow, no less! You're ruined. No one will ever trust you again. Vikkstar industries is..."

BANG

A gunshot. Slowly, almost comically, the body fell forward. I stepped back right before the head hit my feet. I could see the bullet wound in the back of his neck, spurting blood everywhere.

I kept my eyeballs focused on the body, but through my special vision I could see Lachlan, standing behind the body, a gun held tightly in both his hands. He was visibly shaking and his facial expression showed one thing: terror.

I raised my head, because he always told me it creeped him out when I didn't "really" look at him.

He dropped the gun. It landed on the ground, scattering the sand around it.

He looked like he was about to cry.

"Y-you've killed people before," I said. "Why..."

"Not with a gun!" He exclaimed. "Guns are...scary! They're loud and..."

"Shhh," I shushed him, reaching out a hand towards him. "You saved me from, well, possible public humiliation. Thank you."

Lachlan squeezed my hand and nodded quickly. "Yeah. Anytime." He wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his hoodie and then ran away to help with the fighting.

Another official approached me from the side. I punched him in the nose and didn't stay long enough to see if I'd done any real damage.

Something was wrong with Rob.

As far as I knew at that point in time, Rob didn't have much, if any, PvP experience. And at that moment, he appeared to be paralyzed amidst the chaos.

Kenny didn't have PvP experience either, but Choco was keeping him close by at all times. Rob looked like a lost puppy.

I ran towards him, vaulting over bodies and swerving around fights. I was vaguely aware of Mat and Pete, fighting side by side like two parts of a well oiled machine, and Mitch and Jerome, a pair I didn't know well personally but a pair I'd seen fight many times. Mitch and Jerome were slightly reluctant to fight, as these were people they'd been working for only a few days ago.

"Rob? You okay?" I asked him, skidding to a halt against the dusty ground.

He stared at the ground for a moment, wide-eyed, frustrated looking.

"There's no water!" He exclaimed.

"What?" I asked.

"It's so dry here!" He turned to me. "All my instincts are screaming at me to get some plants to grow, to help out with the fight, but I can't do that without water!"

"Plants...?" I began.

"Yeah! I need..." Rob began, but then looked back down at the ground and pondered for a moment. He clapped his hands together. "Trees. They have long roots, I should be able to find some water that way..."

I decided to not question it and stepped back a little as he began focusing on something. A small green sprout popped out of the sand in front of him, and that sprout quickly turned into a stalk, then a stick, then a tree trunk. It grew until it was about as tall as him, but the only thing it seemed to be doing to aid in the fight was distracting everyone.

"You want me to what?" Rob said, presumably to the tree.

"What?" I asked.

"She wants me to...never mind," Rob said, shaking his head. "Take anyone you want to survive and get them in the stands. Now."

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"JUST DO IT!" Rob yelled. I didn't even know he could do that.

So I did.

~~~

God damn you're all so worried that I'm gonna kill someone XD

Not saying I'm not. Just observing. ;3c

Ciao!