Part Fourteen

Hi. This chapter was not, in fact, written by Brandon. It was written by me: Lachlan, the boss. Brandon requested I write this chapter as he was not there for this event but he wanted to include it in the book anyway.

    It had been a day since Choco and Brandon left to assassinate Ashley. I wasn't worried about them - Choco disappeared all the time and I trusted him enough to take care of Brandon. But now I had a contract, and it was a contract I was not looking forward to carrying out.

    I walked to the edge of town and towards the mountains where his headquarters was. He was the main producer of nearly everything in the country, or at least, his factories were. He was perhaps the most famous president of any company in the whole country, perhaps even the whole world, and I used to be his best friend.

    The building comes into view. It's large, and made up of stone bricks, with his symbol made from stained glass on one of the top floors. Vikk Towers.

    Vikkstar Industries manufactured and farmed everything from armor to flowers. I remember when it started, back before Five Seasons had even crossed my mind. It was just a cow farm in his basement. And then it grew and grew. Vikk Towers wasn't even the only location anymore - he built factories, hired employees, even set up other locations around the world. I should have been proud of him.

    But I wasn't.

    I wasn't jealous of him. I didn't want to own a corporation that ground up cows. I wanted him to be a part of Five Seasons. He was one of the best PvPers I knew - and I told him the risks, that since he was, technically, working for the government, a contract could end up on his head one day. He still refused.

    As I approached the tower, I turned invisible. I also turned my clothes invisible. The only restriction I had on turning things invisible is that they would still be visible so long as they were made primarily of metal. Good thing I brought a diamond sword.

    Now, the only issue was getting into Vikk towers. The security was high, and there was no way I'd be able to break a window without him hearing me. He was the only resident of the tower (aside from occasional visitors, but I was counting against that), so it would be easy to catch him off guard once I was inside, but getting inside...

    I walked around the building and observed it. I knew he had a basement, maybe I could punch my way through the ground?

    I attempted it, and I ended up near the cow farm. I tried to shake away any nostalgic memories I had that involved the machine before I went up the stairs. I couldn't let my own emotions interfere with this.

    I went up to the main floor and then up the ladders to the chest room. There he was: rummaging through a chest, a pickaxe in his right hand. I had to be very careful not to disturb any objects in the room. Vikk had a power, like me - but instead of turning invisible he had a 360-degree view of everything.

    I had to be quick. I gripped the handle of my diamond sword and tip-toed close to him, pausing behind him, raising my weapon. I paused. I hadn't been this close to him in a long time.

    I paused. My heart was beating quickly. Was I really about to kill my ex-best friend?

    I must have fucked up while I was standing there because in a flash, I was being pressed up against the wall, the handle of Vikk's pickaxe up against my neck and restricting my breath. His face was close to mine and he didn't look particularly happy. I turned visible again.

    "What the fuck are you doing here?" Vikk growled at me.

    "Hello to you to," I struggled to speak with the handle at my throat. "There was a contract on your head. Finally. I decided to carry it out personally."