New Job

Here I am again, alone. My desk has been taken out of the class room twice already. Nate has been buzy with work and the football practice,Felix has been surounded by football teams, and Alyssa she's gone. After school rode my bike and to a building. I lock my bike up and waiting for me is my dad.

"Hurry up and put this on." my dad says handing out a box. "We have alot of work to do."

I quickly get dressed and walked out.

"Your going to clean this whole bottom level there's the cleaning supplies. "

"Your not going to help?" I ask looking at how his attire is diffrent.

"No, my job is on the fifth floor."

"As Janitor?" I say grabbing some supplies.

"No I'm manager of my project group, I work in engineering."

"When did this happen?" I ask.

"Since you've been three, after your mother was pregnant I went to college to get a better job to pay for you."

"But you did leave me and cheat on mom." 

My dad sighs and brushes back his hair.

"Just finish the bottom floor then report back to me." He says before going into the elevator.

After about an hour of scrubbing, vaccuming, and picking up trash I finished the floor and I started going up the elevator. When the doors open I see my dad talking to this woman. 

"Not again." I think to myself.

I sneak around the corner to hear what there saying before I interupt.

"Aww thats so unfortanate." The woman says.

"Yeah..so are you coming to the graduation party?" my dad asks.

"I'm trying to, I will also bring  good news."  The woman says.

"What would I do without you." My dad replies.

"I wouldn't know."  The woman says.

"Dad." I say interupting there conversation.

"Finn you finished." My dad says.

"Oh this is Finn so nice to meet you." The woman says reaching out her hand.

I just look at her hand then back at my dad.

"Is this the woman who you." I began.

"Madison Johnson, I'm your father's assistant." The woman says.

"And no Finn she's not." My dad replies he looks at Madison. "I'll see you tommarow goodnight"

Madison nods and we walk away to the elevator. We make it home and moms waiting there on the door way.

"How was your first day?" She asks.

"Fine, mom go back to bed. Do you need anything?" I say helping her to her bedroom.

"Finn I'm fine a girl helped me." Mom says.

"What?" My dad says. 

"Mrs Wright the bath is ready!" Felix says walking in with a bandana on her head and a brush in her hand.

"Felix?" I say.

"How many girls are there Finn" my dad says annoyed.

"Oh I'm his classmate Mr Wright." Felix says with a smile

My mom starts to walk to bathroom and Felix helps her and walks out again and starts cooking dinner.

"Finn can you watch the water I'm going to get some extra things." Felix says looking at me.

"What do you need?" My dad asks

"Um just this." Felix says handing my dad a list. 

My dad nods and gets up and leaves. 

"That was nice of him." Felix says now cooking.

"He's testing me." I say under my breath.

"What?" Felix asks.

"A guy who got his girlfriend pregnant  now has another girl in his house dosen't that sound odd?" 

Felix's face starts blushing. "I'm sorry, I didn't know, I just knew you where working so I was trying to help."

"It's fine Felix, thank you for that." I say. 

"Felix!" My mother calls from the bathroom. 

Me and Felix walk into the bathroom quickly and Felix opens the door and turns around. 

"What you doing? Watch the food!" Felix says and closes the door. 

I stood around watch the food until Felix and my mother walk to her room and Felix walk back by herself.

"She's fine she need help out the tub." Felix says then lets out a laugh.

"What did she say?" I ask.

"Nothing. The protector." Felix says.

"Oh my gosh please don't tell me.." I sigh.

"Mr Protector fighter with the wooden spoon!" Felix shouts grabing a spoon and waving it around.

"Give me the spoon!" I demand.

"No way!" Felix says laughing.

I grab Felix and try to grab the spoon. 

"Stop." Felix says laugh as my arms around her trying to grab the spoon.

I spin her around to get a better angle her back is against my stomach, my head against her neck I am reaching as far as I can.

"Felix! Give me the spoon!" I say 

"What does give the spoon mean now a days?" My father says walking into the house.

Felix stiffens up and breaks the bond between me and her.  Felix looks at me then turns to the stove to finish cooking.

"Dad, you can go home." I say ignoring his glare at Felix.

"I am home." He says. "Besides I can guarentee that another incident will happen." 

"Harris, go home." I say upset that he would accuse Felix of that.

"Finn, calm down, he's just conerned." Felix says preparing a plate for my mother.

I look at Felix and I walk into my room and slam the door. I sat there listening to music in my headphones and working on homework, after ten minutes my dad walked in. 

"Any lecture you have right now for me will not be listen to because, I don't care." I say still studing from my book.

"At least your studing, there's a parent-teacher conference tommarow be prepared."