Chapter ten

Chapter ten

Skye's POV

"I can do it on my own" Tony insisted as we ran through the commotions on the carrier, making our way to Tony's suit.

"No, Tony we have to work as a team" Steve grabbed his arm with a stern and angry look plastered on his face.

Tony pushed Steve's hand of this arm roughly. "Get off old man" He spat, evident hate building up in his eyes.

"You're not the center of the universe Tony" Steve growled, both of them now getting up into each others faces as if they were going to actually fight.

"Im not afraid to hit an old man"

"SHUT UP" I screamed at them, making them both snap round to look at me surprised since I had never shouted before. In my eyes, I felt like a mother telling off her two naughty children. The look on their faces certainly fit the scenario.

"Either you two can argue while I go out and fight and fix the plane by myself or you two idiots can help me" I snapped before stalking off in the direction of the engine we were meant to be fixing.

Soldiers littered the corridors and filed towards us. Luckily I was wearing my suit meaning i could use my powers with out taking down the whole plane. I knew a bit of hand to hand combat thanks to Natasha and Steve but not enough to feel confident in my oh abilities.

A solider launched at me and I used my telekinesis to slam him into the wall before another jumped on my back, causing me to flip him over and punch him to knock him out. Steve took down solders too while Tony got his suit. Before long there was a pile of spiders around us and Tony joined us before we got out side to the engine.

"Im going to have to get in there and push" Tony sighed whilst looking at the wheel that was now broken.

"If it speeds up you could get shredded" Steve pointed and even though I could see Tony's face, I could almost feel the eyeroll.

"I can slow it down enough for you to get out but Steve you are going to have the pull the relay lever. If I put too much pressure on the wheel it will break and this plane will go down" I explained, pointing to the panel Steve needed to go to.

Tony picked me up bridal style (which was not needed) and carried me to the top of the carrier where I could see the top of the engine before flying in there himself. I could feel my feet slipping slightly from the pure force of the wind on my face and body.

Before I knew it Tony was in there pushing it and I Wat he'd as it got faster and faster. Bullets rained below where I could hear Steve fighting men but I was in no position to help him.

"Skyler, little help" Tony speaker as he sped round so fast that I could no longer make out the iron man suit. I pointed my handed towards the engine and focused, watching as red seeped over it and started to slow the engine just enough, any more pressure from me and it would break.

"CAP" Tony shouted as I noticed him to start to lose pause with the panels and before I knew it, he was being flung all over the place.

"STEVE" I shouted, only to hear more gun fire.

"WAIT" I saw him jumped to the electricity panel and watched him pull the red lever with just enough time to get Tony out who knocked over the last solider.

My feet began to slip under the pressure of the wind and I was about to be blown off the plane when a metal hand grabbed my arm. "I got you" Tony chuckled and I could just tell that he wore that cocky smirk of his.

He flew me back down to Steve and the three of us took a moment to breath. "Agent Coulson is down" Fury's voice echoed threw the ear pieces.

We all stopped in shock, our brains not really processing the information. "It was Loki, he's escaped" Who knew such a simple statement could have such a big impact?

It was war now and I was going to make sure Loki was going to pay.