Section Eighteen

Against her own accord, Eleanor felt a stirring for his taut body. Marvelling at his bulky muscular she felt her face flush. His chest and body was covered in a fine layer of fair hair that enhanced the curves of his muscles. She looked away, remembering what he did to her and feeling embarrassed for feeling that way.  Eleanor stood against the wall of their room, too afraid to come closer. “What about your inheritance?”

“My father’s young he won’t die for another ten years at least.” He pulled the covers of the opposite side of the bed down. “Come,” he demanded. “Off.”

Taking a deep breath, Eleanor reservedly walked over to the bed. It would be foolish for her to refuse Roland’s first command as her husband. That would only lead to more distress and struggle for power. She lifted her dress above her head and folded it neatly. She lay down in the bed and pulled the thick blanket over her body.  She let out a deep breath.

“Off,” he instructed, referring to Eleanor’s thin chemise.

Slowly, Eleanor removed the last shred of protection between herself and Roland. She crossed her arms over her chest and covered herself. The base of her neck coloured pink and she looked towards the floor away from Roland.

Roland touched the hair between her thighs, stroking the course hair gently. His touch was cold and Eleanor suppressed the desire to pull away to cry. He pressed harder, silently telling Eleanor to open her legs; she obliged grudgingly.

She bit her lip, trying to be a good wife and not cry but she couldn’t help but to feel a sinking sensation in her stomach. Roland was not that type of man she ever hoped to be united with for the rest of her life. His hands were too brash and pained her instead of soothed her.

“Good wife,” he said with a cunning tone.  He slid his finger inside of her and she winced.  Roland gipped her cheeks between his thumb and index finger and kissed her gruffly. She struggled against the force of his hand but he was too strong. 

He rubbed her breasts and her nipples perked up. He smiled. “Like that?”

She shook her head slowly.

Roland laughed harshly. “You’re not a virgin, it doesn’t matter.”

Then, a thought occurred to Eleanor that could save her from this horrible predicament.  If she pleasured him quickly, this night would be over quickly. In her hands, she took him and started rubbing slowly.

Touching him in such an intimate fashion made Eleanor embarrassed and obstinate. The only person she ever imagined being this close with was a six-day journey away with a wife and child on the way. She thought about how when she performed the same act on Clement, he was driven wild with desire. But Roland seemed hardly bothered by her fingers touching his body.

“Harder,” he said hungrily.

She took her orders with fearful actions.

He groaned. Pulling her close to him, he lay flat on the bed and, opening her legs to straddle his hips, he lowered her onto him. “Move, bitch,” he growled.