Chapter One

hi okay so this is a new fanfic I am writing. I am actually going to update it weekly ( hopefully ) because I am actually really excited for this even though it's going to suck! but anyways, it may be a little confusing and stuff but there's going to be an authors note at the end of this chapter. okay anyways thanks for reading:-)

---

"Kellin I really don't think you should be driving tonight," I heard my friend Gabe say. "You're totally smashed and could get into an accident."

I rolled my eyes and put my index finger to his lips and shushed him. "Gabe, I'll be fine." I giggled. "Now I have to go." I said, getting off from the bar stool and almost falling straight away. I kept my balance though and headed towards my car. I unlocked it and shoved my keys into the wheel hole and backed out of the parking lot.

I pulled onto the road and turned on the radio. "This is my jam!" I said outloud as I heard my favorite song being played. I turned it up louder and started singing along. My vision started getting a little fuzzy and I started laughing when I felt the car going side to side.

I took my hands off the wheel and laughed as the car started swaying more. "Look at me! I'm doing the no hands trick!" I put my hands back on the wheel when I heard a loud honk. I turned around to see who did such a rude thing and when I did I felt my body being launched forward.

I heard a sound of some screaming and before I passed out the last thing I saw was an unfamiliar face.

---

I jumped out of bed, panting and sweating. It was just a dream, a nightmare that felt too real. I looked at my alarm and noticed that I woke up twenty minutes earlier than usual. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom, taking off my boxers and shirt before jumping into the shower. I turned the shower on and stood under the warm water.

The dream I had kept replaying in my head. It felt so real but I know it wasn't, it was just a dream. I've had lots of dreams like that, me getting in a car accident, but not in a while.

I finished my shower and got out, wrapping the towel around my waist and walking into my room. I went through my closet and pulled out a pair of joggers and a baggy sweatshirt. Today was a lazy day so I wasn't going to do my hair either.

I walked downstairs and saw my mom and dad sitting at the dining room table. My mom was reading her bible and doing her daily devotions, while my dad was reading the morning newspaper.

"You're up early," my dad said, looking up from the paper. "Are you hungry? I can make you something to eat if you'd like." He asked.

"I'm fine. I'll just have some cereal, thanks though." I said with a small smile. He nodded silently and went back to reading. I went over to the cereal cabinet and opened it up. I pulled out the lucky charms and grabbed a bowl and milk.

I sat at the table and ate my cereal in silence. My mom and dad have been together since they were in high school and they have been in love ever since. They do fight now and then, but never anything too serious. I have a sister too, but she is out of the picture. She was a teen rebel and went against everything my parents said. They got into a huge argument one night and that's when she took her chance and ran away, I haven't seen her since.

I finished my cereal and put the empty bowl in the sink before running upstairs to brush my teeth and grab my phone. I went back downstairs and kissed my mom and dad goodbye before walking out the door and getting in my car. I pulled out of the driveway and made my way to school.

I plugged my phone into my aux cord when I hit a red light and called my friend Gabe. It rang three times before he finally picked up. "Hey, Gabe! Are you at school yet?" I asked when he answered.