Chapter Three

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring and quickly shut it off. I let out a small groan, regretting not turning it off last night since there is no school today. I could have slept in but I couldn't now that I was already awake. I'm one of those people who wake up and won't be able to fall back asleep no matter what and it sucks.

I lazily got out of bed and walked down the stairs. As usual my mom and dad were already up doing their regular routine. They looked over at me and gave me an odd look. "Honey, you do know there is no school today, right?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, I know. I forgot to shut my alarm off and it woke me up." I mumbled. She nodded her head in response and went back to reading her bible. I walked over to the cabinets and opened them up, noticing there was no more of my favorite cereal left. I let out a sigh and closed the cabinet and headed over to the toaster to make a bagel.

I noticed that there weren't any bagels either. "Are you guys eating all the food or something?" I groaned.

"You're the only one who eats breakfast, Kellin. You finished the cereal yesterday and we haven't had bagels for a week," my dad said. "But, I'll make sure to run by the store after work and pick some more up."

"Thanks." I mumbled. I went upstairs and threw on a sweater and sweatpants before grabbing my car keys and going back downstairs. I told my parents that I would be leaving to go get breakfast and gave them both kisses before heading out to my car.

I always felt awkward not saying bye to my parents and giving them kisses before leaving. I guess it's because I have always done that since I was a kid and I never stopped. Most people grow out of that phase, but I haven't yet. I guess it's weird to some people, even embarrassing, but I'm not embarrassed by it at all.  I feel like no one should be ashamed to show love to their parent.

I pulled out of my driveway and started thinking about what I wanted. I couldn't decided if I wanted Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts. I made up my mind and made a right towards Dunkin' Donuts.

My phone went off in the passengers seat and I quickly grabbed it and saw that Gabe was calling. "What's up?" I asked as soon as I answered it.

"Do you want to go to the mall? Alex and I are going and wanted to know if you wanted to tag along." He asked.

"I don't want to be a third wheel," I said pouting even though he wouldn't see it. "But I'll come. Can we meet at the food court though? I haven't had my breakfast and I am starving."

"Yeah, sure. We will be there in like ten minutes." He said and ended the call.

I threw my phone back on the passengers seat and made a U-turn and headed towards the mall. I was a little disappointed I couldn't get Dunkin, but the food court had some good breakfast.

I arrived about five minutes later and entered the mall and noticed that it wasn't as crowded as usual. I texted Gabe to tell him I was here and made my way to the food court. I walked the Donut King and stood in line.

"Fancy seeing you here," I heard someone say. I turned around and was face to face with Vic. "Small world, isn't it?"

"I guess." I mumbled before turning back around to ignore him, but I couldn't. He kept breathing down my neck and kept trying to make conversation.

"Why do you keep talking to me?" I asked getting a little annoyed with him.

"Because we are partners," he said. "You know, you told me not to be a dick while we do this project, but it seems like you took that role."

"Excuse me?" I asked raising an eyebrow. Did he seriously just call me a dick? I haven't been rude to him at all. He's the one being a dick, not me.