Chapter Six

I awoke to the sound of thunder and quickly checked my clock to check the time. It was half past eleven, I had work at twelve. I quickly got up and threw on a shirt and pants, not taking a shower because I was too lazy.

I walked into the bathroom and turned on the light. As soon as I looked in the mirror the first thing I noticed was the large bruise on my cheek, it was worst than I thought. I let out a sigh as I went under the sink and grabbed my makeup bag.

I took out foundation and some powder and started applying it to my face, trying to hide it as well as I can. Soon it was barely noticeable and I put away the makeup bag.

I did what I had to do in the bathroom and walked out. I went back into my room, grabbing my phone and car keys, and walking down stairs. My mom and dad weren't home, they were most likely at work.

My mom doesn't work on weekends since school is out but she helps out in the library a lot. My dad though, had work every day since he worked at a hospital. He had day shifts instead of night shifts which was a good thing.

I couldn't grab anything to eat because I was already running late. I stepped outside and noticed it was drizzling. I ran into my car before it started raining harder and left my house.

When I pulled into the parking lot for work, I spotted Vics car parked in the front. I parked my car and got out, running inside before I got too wet from the rain. When I entered, it was empty, but I saw Vic at the counter bar alone.

"Hey," I said walking up to him. He turned around and smiled.

"I didn't know you worked today," he said.

"Yeah, I get the morning shift on saturdays." I said. I walked into the back and grabbed my apron and put it on. I saw three people in the kitchen that I haven't met yet, probably the ones who worked the weekends.

I walked back out and leaned up against the counter near Vic. "Do you want anything? Coffee? An omelet?" I asked.

"I'll have a coffee." He answered. I turned around and started making the coffee for him. The coffee machine wasn't too complicated, it was quite easy.

I poured the coffee in a styrofoam cup and handed it to him with some creamer and packets of sugar. I didn't like adding the stuff in because some people were very picky about their coffee.

I watched as he ripped open two packets and added some of the creamer in and mixing it. He took a small sip of his coffee and put it back on the counter.

"So," I said breaking the silence. "Why are you here?" I asked, hoping I didn't sound rude.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I got bored and decided to come here to get something to snack on."

"Hey, can you explain to me everything that happened yesterday? Because I'm kind of confused." He asked.

I sighed knowing he would have wanted me to explain what happened. "Yeah, sure." I said. Luckily, before I could explain everything, two girls walked in and sat down at a booth.

I took out my notebook and pen and walked to their table to take their order. I quickly jotted down what they wanted to drink and headed back over to the kitchen to hand the others the slip.

"Okay," I started as I made my way back towards Vic. "The guy you met yesterday was Austin. And we had a little bit of history, bad history, but we worked it out yesterday." I said, faking a smile.

"What was the bad history?" Vic asked curiously.

"Ya know," I said with a shrug. "We just always fought about stupid things." I lied.

"Okay then." He said giving me a small nod.

I let out a sigh of relief, thankful that he didn't catch my lie. I grabbed the drinks and went back out to the girls and gave it to them. I walked back over to Vic and noticed that he was on the phone with someone.

"Yeah, okay. I'll be there in ten minutes." He said to the person on the other line and hung up.

"Friends house." He stated, answering my unasked question. "I'll see you at school on monday, right?"

"Yeah, of course." I said. He smiled and got up from his seat.

"Bye, Kells." He said walked out.

---

Sorry this is such a short chapter but it was kind of supposed to be. And sorry for not updating, I honestly have no excuse besides being lazy lol. Anyway, hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading! Have a nice day/night :-)