Chapter Ten

Today was Friday, meaning today was the day I was going to the party with Vic. I'm a little nervous, I've never been to a real party before. The last party I went to was my cousins third birthday party, and that was two years ago.

I wonder if it would be one of those stereotype parties. With the girls naked, all the guys doing drugs and getting wasted, and the house blasting music.

I let out a shaky breath just thinking about it. I looked at myself in the mirror and looked over what I was wearing.

A black sweater and ripped skinny jeans.

Vic did say to wear normal type clothing, and it was going to get cold out tonight since it's close to winter. I flattened my hair with my hands and then walked out of the bathroom.

I strolled downstairs and saw Vic sitting on the couch waiting for me. He looked up from the TV and his eyes scanned my body, observing what I was wearing.

"Perfect." Was the only word he said.

He got up and we both walked out of my house and into his car. "Have you ever had alcohol before?" Vic asked as he started the car.

"I've had small sips," I admitted. "But not like, a lot."

"Okay, well if you want, I'm not forcing you into anything, you can get wasted."

I sat there and didn't answer. I had no idea if I wanted to get wasted. I've always wanted to try it, but I've always been too scared to try it. Maybe I'll try it tonight, maybe.

"And don't be scared about the people around," he said, cutting me off from my thoughts. "Since this is your first party, you're probably scared to do it, but I'll be watching over you. I won't let anyone touch you and I wouldn't let you do anything stupid."

Vic saying that made me feel better and safer. He looked over at me and I nodded at what he said. He gave me a small smile and put his hand on my thigh and patted it. I felt small feelings erupt in my stomach when he touched me. It was my stomach probably telling me to eat since I haven't eaten since breakfast.

We pulled up to a house with cars parked all around and I could hear the music blaring from inside the car. I looked around and saw drunk people littering the lawn with red cups and cigarettes.

Vic parked the car and got out. He came around to my side and opened the car door for me. I got out and quickly attached myself onto his arm.

"You're very clingy when you're nervous." He said.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"No it's fine. I like it." He gave me an assuring smile and I smiled back at him.

We walked inside the house and was greeted with smoke and sweaty bodies. Vic pushed through the crowd, me still holding onto him and following him, and got to the kitchen which wasn't so packed.

"Hey Vic!" Someone shouted over the loud blaring music. Vic smiled and they did a quick handshake and started talking.

"Rian, this is Kellin. Kellin, this is Rian." Vic introduced us. I gave him a small smile and he smiled back at me, showing his perfect white teeth.

I've seen him around school and he was pretty popular. He was very handsome too, all the girls were head over heels for him.

"Do you guys want a drink?" He asked.

I didn't know what to say. I looked over at Vic and he noticed that I was nervous. "No thanks," He neglected the offer. "I'm just going to make my own thing."