Chapter 14_ Jerks!

Someone poured cold water on my face. It also went into my slightly open mouth. I began to choke on it.

I was lying on the floor but I didn't get up. And neither did I open my eyes. I was so scared that I didn't want to face the reality, even if I choked on the water and died.

The kidnapper shook me to stop my choking. Obviously, it didn't work. He bent on me and tilted my face to get the water out. He then started giving me mouth to mouth. I opened my eyes, only slightly.

The sight sent a wave of emotions through me. I quickly pushed him off, and sat up, spitting out the remaining water and breathing normally.

"Oh, it worked," Harvey smirked.

I spat to the side and wiped my mouth with my hand.

"What happened?" I asked, confused.

"You were screaming in your sleep," he said.

I looked at him, still confused. And then I remembered what had happened to me. I was kidnapped and tortured.

"You had a nightmare," he said.

I recalled the events of the nightmare. After the man left, I dreamt that the man had kidnapped my parents too. And they were calling me.

"Mom, dad. They weren't there," I whispered to myself.

Then I broke down, crying.

Harvey looked at me, his smirk wiped off from his face. He came close to me, and hugged me. I put my head on his shoulder and kept crying. His shirt soaked in my salty tears, and my running nose mixed with them.

He just sat there with his arms around me, saying absolutely nothing, patting my back. When I got enough sense to see that I was crying into my enemy's shoulder I pushed him back.

He handed me a tissue and I wiped my face clean.

After a few minutes, I asked, "what happened?"

"You were screaming and crying in your sleep. You were also mumbling something," he said.

"How did you save me?" I asked.

"You woke up when I poured water on your face," he said.

"No, I mean from that heinous man," I said.

"What man?" he asked, confused.

"The one who cut my hair. Who threatened me," I said.

"Oh! He must have been a part of your nightmare. I kidnapped you from the school, and brought you here. You just woke up," he said.

"What?" I shrieked. Lucas had run away when I was being kidnapped. He was in on this plan. He'll have to face my wrath later. Or maybe he had run away from fear. Then he'll have to face double the wrath. It was just Harvey.

"Relax. Let me explain," he said smirking, "you fainted when I covered your face with a cloth dipped in chloroform. I put you on the back seat of my car and brought you here. After some time you stared twisting and turning in your sleep. So, any questions?"

"We? Who we?" I asked.

"My cousin, Jamie," he said, "he's gone to the grocery store to get us some food."

"Why did you kidnap me?" I clutched his hair in my fist and yanked them.

"I wanted to take you somewhere," he said, screwing his eyes as if he were in pain. Which he clearly wasn't.

"You could have asked me. Like normal people do," I yanked his hair again.

"Firstly, you would have said no. And secondly, I've always wanted to kidnap someone," he chuckled.